Venue Operations Manager
The Drake Hotel
Direct Reporting To: Director of Operations, Drake Hotel
Dotted Line Reporting To: Assistant General Manager, Drake Hotel
Direct Reports: Programming AV/Sound Techs, Programming Door Staff, and Programming Security
Schedule: 5 days Operations and Programming Admin, including UG Lead Bartending coverage during Live Music bookings as required
The Drake Hotel Venue Operations Manager oversees The Drake Underground as it pertains to all live entertainment bookings. This role will work in tandem with the Hotel F&B Operations team to ensure the venue is run in a well organised, professional , and profitable manner and adheres to Drake Hotel HR and Operational policies.
- Oversee the set up and execution of all live entertainment bookings in the entire building, and acts as a liaison between the DH Booking Agent and all hired talent.
- Will ensure that all agreements and signed contracts with DH hired talent are adhered to and executed as stipulated in said contract. This includes the arrangement for any payment for services rendered by said talent.
- Work with the DH Scheduling Manager to ensure that the venue is properly staffed for every event. This includes all F&B Staff that are required, Bartenders, Bar Support, Servers (If required), Door Staff, Coat Check and Security.
- Schedule any Sound Tech(s) that are required for the set up and execution of the live show and ensure any equipment that is needed is provided and in good working condition.
- Together with the DH IT Manager ensure that all sound equipment and lighting in the venue is operational, properly maintained and where necessary is scheduled for regular preventative maintenance and repair.
- Work with the DH HR, AGM and DH Bar Manager to ensure that all staff are hired through proper company channels and have completed all DH training protocols.
- Work with the DH AGM and DH Bar Manager to ensure that all F&B product is properly stocked and inventory levels are maintained on a weekly basis.
- Achieve beverage cost and staff labour targets that are in line with DH budgets.
- Act as Lead Bartender and F&B Supervisor during larger scale bookings (predominantly Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights)
- Adhere to and share 'Beverage Best Practices' and work with the DH Bar Managers and All UG Bar Staff, to ensure consistent execution and superior service (bar ware, garnish, presentation, signage, etc.)
- Work with the DH Training Manager to develop bar service + training programs available to all UG staff
- Effectively communicate internally all DH UG Live Programming and work with DH Marketing team to ensure we have both 4 wall (internal) promotions and external Marketing plans and initiatives for all scheduled and booked events.
- Create and initiate cutting-edge marketing for the DH UG ensuring the aggressive use of all DH social media channels while continuing to find new, creative alternative promotional avenues.
- Maintain and utilize external promotional events listings (NOW, Exclaim, etc) to ensure successful promotion of shows.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We pride ourselves in providing strong leadership and development opportunities for passionate hospitality professionals who are looking to build rewarding, long-term careers. Drake offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, employee discounts, training + development support and many other unique perks as a part of joining the Drake team.
The Drake Hotel is an equal opportunity employer: We are committed and actively working towards fostering a positive, supportive, and creative environment at Drake Hotel Properties that promotes equity, inclusiveness and diversity. We welcome job applications from candidates of all backgrounds including, but not limited to, Indigenous, Black, and racialized persons; refugee, newcomer and immigrant persons; two-spirit, LGBTQ+ and gender non-binary persons, and persons with disabilities. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you can access and complete the submissions process.