The Drake Hotel
The Drake Hotel, an anchor of West Queen West has helped to transform Toronto’s cultural and hospitality map. After 18 years of success, the Drake has recently undergone an exciting hotel expansion with the launch of our new Modern Wing - adding 32 beautifully designed guest rooms and dramatic new lobby and cocktail bar, to compliment our historic, award winning Drake Hotel Classic Wing. The Drake Hotel is now looking for an experienced Sales Manager to join our dynamic team.
This position, reporting to the General Manager, requires a unique combination of experience that includes demonstrated sales and service excellence in a high-volume hotel environment.
The Sales Manager is responsible for executing sales initiatives focusing on building long-term, customer/guest relationships; building valued trade relationships and driving Rooms + Venue sales to achieve sales targets. This role works collaboratively with the General Manager, Hotel and F&B teams to create strategies, plans and processes to foster overall revenue goal attainment as defined by budget targets. With a thorough and in-depth understanding of our spaces and room block capabilities, this position will build and optimize our guest room and venue revenue potential at the Drake Hotel.
The Sales Manager will also work closely with the General Manager and F&B Managers to support and collaborate with the Special Events Sales team in achieving overall property sales goals.
As we continue to broaden the reach of our brand and offerings, the ideal candidate will bring a deep knowledge of Corporate and Leisure markets, proven sales techniques, revenue management, OTA’s, and related digital strategies. As well, the successful candidate will possess a thorough understanding of marketing best practices.
TERRITORY:* The Sales Manager* will lead Group, Corporate, and Consortia Room Sales at The Drake Hotel.
DAY TO DAY SALES ACTIVITIES:
- Sell hotel rooms, with or without event offerings by presenting the varied and multi-use Drake packages and venues to group and corporate clients
- Solicit new business from potential and existing guests via pre-planned personal sales calls, email, and social media prospecting and in-person interactions; maintain regular contact with present accounts to maximize repeat business
- Prepare tailored presentations for prospective clients and coordinate site inspections highlighting room opportunities, dining, wedding, meeting, and event spaces
- Attend and participate in related association, committee and networking sessions as required
- Prepare weekly reports, track pacing, forecasting and detailed sales activities, booked business and action plans for the following week. Follow up on all hotel sales activities
- Assist with development of rate/yield strategies for groups through analysis of comp set, demand and understanding group sales mix
- Maintain Group and Corporate room booking details including specific event requirements to ensure successful planning, handover, and execution
- Maintain updated records of clients, prospects and all sales leads ensuring proper billing and payment procedures are followed
- Provide client feedback to department heads and work collaboratively towards a positive response to any guest issue
- Identify target markets and groups and proactively generating business opportunities by networking with existing clients, day-to-day patrons, and other sales channels
- Sell the Drake Hotel offerings to meet (or exceed!) hotel group and corporate sales targets on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Monitor sales collateral to ensure that they are factually accurate and current
- Liaise with Corporate Services and Operations to create necessary Group and Corporate packages, blitzes + outreach programs to ensure that the sales pipeline is always active
- Collaborate with sales teams at other properties, alongside marketing, to achieve cross-property sales targets
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of sister properties + offerings and effectively cross-sell properties and spaces
- Liaise and maintain relationships with Event Planners and other third-party channels
- Work closely with the Sales Specialists to ensure sufficient cross selling opportunities are maximized
- Understand the Drake branding mission and in conjunction with corporate Senior Marketing Manager, develop marketing and advertising strategies and community outreach programs in support of sales goals
- Assess promotional, social media + local store marketing opportunities
- Monitor the products and services of competitive set and understand market trends
What we offer: We pride ourselves in providing strong leadership and development opportunities for passionate hospitality professionals looking to build rewarding, long-term careers. We offer competitive compensation, benefits, relocation allowance, employee discounts and many other unique staff perks.
Drake Hotel Properties is an equal opportunity employer: We are committed and actively working towards fostering a positive, supportive, and creative environment at Drake Hotel Properties that promotes equity, inclusiveness and diversity. We welcome job applications from candidates of all backgrounds including, but not limited to, Indigenous, Black, and racialized persons; refugee, newcomer and immigrant persons; two-spirit, LGBTQ+ and gender non-binary persons, and persons with disabilities. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you can access and complete the submissions process.