Public Relations Intern
The Drake is on the hunt for a rising star to join our hard working, multi-tasking, ever-busy PR team. If you’ve dreamed of a public relations internship that isn’t beige and lets you learn about food, beverage, travel, retail, music, art, fashion and lifestyle communications, then you’ve come to the right place. We need someone who is always focused on making sure reports, emails and even notes to self are just so, a hunger for keeping up with the always-changing Canadian media landscape, a healthy appreciation for influencer relations, and a keen interest in becoming a savvy media relations pro. A love for being out and about at events in the city is a nice bonus, too.
In short, we need someone who is passionate about what The Drake is all about, and looking to start a career in this dynamic industry. Attention to detail, a healthy ability to go with the flow and change with the times, an eagerness to learn and to soak up all things media, and a willingness to pitch in wherever needed are the keys to success with the team at The Drake. Here’s the rest of the nitty gritty:
- Send daily media monitoring report to PR Manager, highlighting notable stories to larger communications team for use on social media channels
- Work with PR Manager to create media pitches and send information as needed to media members
- Work with PR Manager to write first drafts of press releases and media alerts
- Aid communications team in the coordination and execution of photoshoots
- Help the team in the monitoring of reviews of all Drake properties on Trip Advisor, Facebook, etc., work with PR Manager and property teams to facilitate responses, and send out weekly reports
- Collaborate with PR Manager to coordinate influencer campaigns and monitor for influencer engagement on social media
- Update and maintain quote log, signature bar and press coverage section on our website (full training will be provided)
- Work with PR Manager to update and maintain media database
- Attend, and help provide on-site support during media visits and at our media and influencer events
- Current student Co - op placement encouraged, or Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, English, journalism or marketing preferred
- Previous experience in progressive communications or public relations experience a strong asset, with special consideration given to those with lifestyle, food and beverage and hospitality experience
- Event experience a strong asset
- Experience with MailChimp and Meltwater is an advantage
- Knowledge of media, F&B, entertainment and hospitality industries is a strong asset
- Knowledge of social media platforms and management tools an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including verbal presentation skills and strong writing abilities
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple tasks and projects in a fast paced, team environment with a creative approach.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to proactively follow up and attention to detail extremely important
- Flexibility to work outside of typical business hours to help attend & host media & influencers at property visits and Drake events as required
This role is for August - November. Compensation based on level of experience.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We pride ourselves in providing strong leadership and development opportunities for passionate hospitality professionals who are looking to build rewarding, long-term careers. Drake offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, employee discounts, training + development support and many other unique perks as a part of joining The Drake team.
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time
TO APPLY: contact firstname.lastname@example.org