Food & Beverage Manager
The Food and Beverage Manager position requires a combination of skills and experience that include operational excellence in a high-volume business, as well as a proven track record for outstanding food + beverage service, a solid understanding of events and reservation systems and team leadership. The ideal candidate will bring management experience from a similar environment, as well as best practices in guest service, staff management, operations, safety and compliance.
In joining our F+B management team, you will be bringing experience in hiring, training and mentoring an exemplary front of house team. You will have a demonstrated track record in achieving set objectives in sales, labor cost management, employee retention, customer service and satisfaction, health + safety, AGCO/legal compliance and cleanliness standards. You are a genuine and natural leader, who believes in the art of hospitality and who takes great pride in the Drake and our offerings.
You will have a deep knowledge of service best practices, food and wine and will have demonstrated experience in sharing this knowledge effectively to build a consistent, service focused, efficient front of house team.
While on shift, your role will include, but not be limited to:
- Understanding, adhering to and executing all Hotel as well as F+B operational policies + procedures, standards and training programs
- Liaise with Front Desk Team to identify VIP’s and exceed guests’ expectations
- Ensuring a unique and genuine guest experience by empowering staff to resolve issues, while acting as a supportive and active leader who will manage situations as they evolve
- Maintaining a strong focus on achieving and/or exceeding revenue targets, within acceptable labor cost and service standard parameters
- Cultivate strong working relationships with BOH and Hotel teams
- Monitoring and managing service, quality, health + safety and cleanliness
- Ensuring that AGCO, municipal and provincial laws are being adhered to
- Working in tandem with the host team to ensure all reservations are input correctly and honored in a timely fashion
- Making sure that the reservation book is being utilized correctly to maximize sales whilst balancing guest satisfaction and comfort
- Responsible for error-free cash operations, tip payment and processing, and accurate reporting.
- Participating in hiring, onboarding and training as required
- Actively engaging in the performance management and development process, along with the other Hotel and F+B Managers, of all hourly team
- F+B projects, results analysis and inventory management as assigned
- 5-7 years of progressive experience in a fine or casual dining environment
- Strong preference given to candidates with a minimum ISG , WSET or comparable Level 1 wine training
- Experience in a Hotel environment is preferred
- Awareness of current culinary trends in the marketplace
- Operations management experience in a high volume establishment with significant experience with reservation systems, event and large party bookings
- Experienced trainer and mentor to large staff teams
- Demonstrated patience, tact and diplomacy while leading a diverse team of industry professionals
- Ability to multi-task, remain cool and keep up in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication experience, both verbal & written
- Excellent organizational skills, with timely delivery of all required administrative work
- Experience with Silverware, Microsoft Office and Open table, a strong asset
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends and holidays
- Smart serve certified
WHAT WE OFFER:
We pride ourselves in providing strong leadership and development opportunities for passionate hospitality professionals who are looking to build rewarding, long-term careers. Drake offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, employee discounts, training + development support and many other unique perks as a part of joining the Drake team.