Food and Beverage Manager
The Drake Hotel
Direct Report: Reporting to the Asst. General Manager, you will be an integral part of a small management team responsible for overseeing the day to day running of the restaurant and bar, events as well as on-site programming and activation.
This fast paced, high-volume, food and wine driven property is currently building upon our group of exceptionally talented hospitality professionals and is seeking a new FOOD + BEVERAGE MANAGER to join the team. This role provides a unique opportunity for an experienced, passionate and innovative manager who is looking for a rewarding hospitality career and exceptional opportunities for advancement.
We are seeking a candidate with a combination of skills and experience that include operational excellence in a high volume business, as well as a proven track record for outstanding food + beverage service, a solid understanding of event management and natural abilities as a motivating and inspiring team leader. The ideal candidate will bring management experience from a similar environment, as well as best practices in guest service, staff management, operations, safety and compliance.
We are hiring a genuine and natural leader, who believes in the art of hospitality, building a fun and dynamic work environment and who takes great pride in the offerings at Drake.
While on shift, your role will include, but not be limited to:
- Understanding, adhering to and executing all F+B operational policies + procedures, standards and training program.
- Ensuring a unique and genuine guest experience by empowering staff to resolve issues, while acting as a supportive and active leader who will manage situations as they evolve.
- Maintaining a strong focus on achieving and/or exceeding revenue targets, within acceptable labor cost and service standard parameters
- Monitoring and managing service, quality, health + safety and cleanliness.
- Ensuring that AGCO, municipal and provincial laws are being adhered to.
- Working in tandem with the host team to ensure all reservations are input correctly and honored in a timely fashion, to maximize restaurant yield and guest experience.
- Ensuring that during all of our services, each of our guests are treated with respect and care
- 3-5 years of progressive management experience in a high volume fine or casual dining environment.
- WSET or similar certification required.
- Smart serve certified.
- Experience with Open Table, Silverware, Microsoft Office and Outlook a bonus.
- Awareness of and interest in current culinary trends in the marketplace.
- Extensive food + beverage knowledge a must.
- Must be available to work evenings as a Closing Manager (at least 3-4 evening shifts).
- Demonstrated track record in achieving set objectives in sales + labor cost management.
- Understanding of financial P+L statement and how to effectively manage our variable costs.
- Previous experience in ensuring employee retention through active engagement and encouragement of staff to build strong team spirit.
- Experience working within various FOH restaurant roles as part of management progression a bonus.
- Experience in dealing with multiple departments as it relates to the running of a restaurant e.g. marketing, R+M, finance etc.,.
- Demonstrated patience, tact and diplomacy while leading and working alongside a diverse team of industry professionals.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication experience, both verbal & written.
- Excellent time management skills to balance both administrative tasks and floor management.
- Demonstrate a drive and motivation for professional development.
- Ability to follow up and follow through with assigned tasks and deadlines to completion.
- Ability to multi-task, remain cool and keep up in a fast paced environment.
- The successful candidate will strike a balance between active floor management and organized and effective execution of administrative duties.
- Genuine interest in providing a superior guest experience and in the hospitality industry.
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends and holidays