Our employees are offered an opportunity for growth in a spirited work environment. Join our team and share in our future.
We thank all applicants for your interest in working with Drake, however, due to the high level of interest in each of our postings, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. We respectfully request no TELEPHONE, EMAIL or IN PERSON inquiries.
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Drake Hotel Properties is a growing collection of bespoke hotels, food and drink concepts, general stores, and catering + events management. We are a lifestyle brand that creates memorable cultural experiences for our guests. We believe that there is a curious culture seeker in everyone and we aim to address that very curiosity, through our varied curated offerings. After 12 years of acknowledged success, Drake Hotel Properties continues to extended its cultural mandate to our outposts; the Drake Hotel, an anchor of West Queen West and an original boutique hotel concept, has helped to transform Toronto’s cultural map, Drake One Fifty, our first stand-alone restaurant in Toronto’s financial district, Drake Devonshire Inn, a lakeside retreat in Prince Edward County and the Drake General Stores, a distinctive Toronto brand that has grown from a boutique gift shop at the Drake Hotel, to a well-loved shopping destination, with a national and international reach.
Our Public Relations team is experiencing an exciting phase of growth and is seeking an eager and energetic PUBLIC RELATIONS SPECIALIST, who can juggle, write, pitch, prioritize and keep things in order (did we say juggle?). A personable team player who thrives in a busy environment. A well-organized multi-tasker with a do-what-it-takes-to-get-things-done attitude. A social networker, event goer, foodie, travel lover – with lots of media relationships and industry connections. A person with an eclectic range of interests, who comes from a similar ecosystem as The Drake, where business, community, culture and ingenuity all intersect.
With Senior PR Manager, execute and fulfill all external media relations opportunities, support internal stakeholders with PR needs (Drake General Store, food and beverage team, programming, hotel, HR). Provide some support for internal communications.
Responsibilities includes, but are not limited to:
- Day to day management of all media relations for Drake Hotel Properties and Drake General Stores
- Triage, assess and execute all incoming media inquiries for DHP & DGS; work with senior PR manager to make recommendations about media and influencer stays and dining opportunities
- Proactively pitch and secure stories for specific initiatives, programs and campaigns across all properties
- Work with internal stakeholders (GM’s, chefs and managers) to execute media opportunities, including sending information and images in a timely fashion, onsite management of media spots, coordinating phone or email interviews with DHP team and media
- Help execute seasonal media and influencer events, product launches and other initiatives, including building invite lists, managing guest list and following up with media post-event/launch with information, and sending summaries of launches and events to DHP team
- Work with junior PR support on daily and weekly media monitoring duties. Highlight urgent/important stories as needed to senior PR manager and appropriate team members. Circulate weekly media coverage update to team.
- Update and maintain media database
- Work with internal stakeholders and senior PR manager to gather and refine information needed to draft media releases and alerts
- Maintain and establish relationships with relevant local and national media; regularly read all key media publications to keep abreast of industry trends & news, new columns, and other story/pitching opportunities for DHP and DGS
- Build and maintain key media lists for press release distribution
- Work with senior PR and marketing managers to ensure all external communications are on brand, supporting overall communications strategy
- Support senior PR manager with internal communications initiatives as needed (Drake Dish, the internal staff newsletter, etc)
- Bachelor degree in public relations, communications, English, journalism or marketing preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive public relations experience required, with special consideration given to those with lifestyle, food and beverage and hospitality experience.
- Event experience a strong asset
- Proficient in MSOffice, MRP, FP Infomart. Experience with MailChimp is an advantage
- Strong knowledge of media, F&B, entertainment and hospitality industries
- Strong grasp of social media tools and uses
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including verbal presentation skills and strong writing abilities
- Developed web and print research, fact checking and proofing skills
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple tasks and projects in a fast paced, team environment with a creative approach. Ability to handle high stress situations and prioritize competing deadlines and projects is key.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to proactively follow up and attention to detail a must
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends as required
WHAT WE OFFER
We pride ourselves in providing strong leadership and development opportunities for passionate hospitality professionals who are looking to build rewarding, long-term careers. Drake offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, employee discounts, training + development support and many other unique perks as a part of joining the Drake team.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter by EMAIL ONLY to email@example.com please list “PR SPECIALIST” in your subject line. Interviews commencing as soon as possible.
We sincerely appreciate your interest in this exciting role with Drake Hotel Properties, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO TELEPHONE, EMAIL OR IN PERSON INQUIRIES.
Drake Hotel Properties is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information about us, please visit our website at: www.thedrake.ca. Want to keep up with What’s On @ Drake? Sign up for our E-AKE Newsletter below:
http://www.thedrake.ca/eake/ or follow us on Twitter @thedrakehotel