Our employees are offered an opportunity for growth in a spirited work environment. Join our team and share in our future.
We thank all applicants for your interest in working with Drake, however, due to the high level of interest in each of our postings, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. We respectfully request no TELEPHONE, EMAIL or IN PERSON inquiries.
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
The Drake Hotel, an anchor of West Queen West and an original boutique hotel concept, has helped to transform Toronto’s cultural map. Known as an energetic hub for visual and performance art, dining, hospitality and retail experiences, the Drake is one of Canada’s most unique and sought after hotel and culinary destinations. After 10 years of acknowledged success, the Drake is experiencing an exciting phase of growth as we extended our cultural mandate to our new outposts; Drake One Fifty, our first stand alone restaurant nestled in Toronto’s bustling Financial District and Drake Devonshire Inn, opening soon in Prince Edward County.
As we continue to broaden the reach of our brand, we are seeking a culturally astute PUBLICIST, with knowledge of all things art, pop culture, music, food, travel, design, lifestyle + more, to join our dynamic marketing and communications team. Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, this media and hospitality industry expert will have impeccable communication skills a deep network of contacts and followers as well as the ability to transition seamlessly into Drake's culture; where business, community, culture and ingenuity all intersect.
The primary responsibility of the Publicist is to assist in developing and implementing the company’s external communications strategy and manage media relationships. Applicant should have at least three years of public relations experience; hospitality, travel, food and beverage, nightlife and/or entertainment publicity experience is preferred. Candidates will have established national, regional and local media contacts and will be responsible for creating and implementing strategic public relations plans designed to enhance the reputation of the organization, and support company messages, campaigns and initiatives. The Publicist will prepare and distribute news releases directly to media and/or on the Newswire, pitch outlets and journalists, supervise assigned media relations/public relations projects and manage key resource materials.
- In collaboration with Senior Marketing Manager, will create and write PR plans, email newsletter ideas, pitches, press releases, bios and fact sheets, and promotions
- Leads planning, coordinating and implementing press conferences, red carpets, and media
- Collaborates with Special Events team to ensure that PR related events are coordinated and executed with excellence
- Develops and writes press releases, press kit materials, fact sheets, biographies and advisories
- Prepares monthly activity and progress reports, memos and media status reports, and media lists
- Provides weekly press hit summaries with links and articles
- Provides consistent and successful execution of public relations plans including story creation, materials development, media targeting, media pitching, coordination, fulfillment and internal/external communication
- Has well-developed relationships and comprehensive knowledge of core media
- Strategize/implements PR and marketing efforts for new and existing venues.
- Evaluates/coordinates media requests for press materials including images, b-roll, press releases and press kits
- Evaluates/coordinates journalist visits, reservations, photo and filming opportunities, promotions, ticket requests, radio remotes and interview requests
- Pitches venue offerings, story ideas and promotions to local, regional, national and international media outlets
- Oversees coordination of press familiarization trips: reservations, development of story ideas, transportation and on-site interaction with journalists
- Maintains communication with business and alliance partners
- Fields individual media inquiries (screen outlets, negotiate for coverage, extend complimentary experience as deemed appropriate)
- Screen photo/TV/film shoot inquiries that are editorial-related, negotiate for coverage, and supervise shoots accordingly (negotiate provisions of the shoots & issue shoot advisories)
- Set-up media interviews with representatives as deemed appropriate
- Entertain journalists for walk-throughs and meals on an individual basis
- Other duties as directed by Senior Marketing Manager.
- Bachelor degree in journalism, public relations, communications or marketing preferred
- Minimum of three to five years of progressive public relations experience required, agency experience is preferred
- Event experience considered a strong asset
- Proficient in MSOffice
- Deep knowledge of media, nightlife, entertainment and hospitality industries
- Strong grasp of social media tools and uses
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including verbal presentation skills, solid and accurate writing ability
- Developed web and print research, fact checking and proofing skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with a creative approach
- Strong organizational skills a must.
- Detail-oriented, able to multi-task and handle high-stress situations
- Must have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts
- Ability to work as a team, stay organized, handle various projects at one time, lead others, delegate, follow up and make accurate decisions
- Ability to handle a fast-paced, ever changing environment with multiple priorities and deadlines- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required
WHAT WE OFFER:
We pride ourselves in providing strong leadership and development opportunities for passionate hospitality professionals who are looking to build rewarding, long-term careers. Drake offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, employee discounts, training + development support and many other unique perks as a part of joining the Drake team.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your resume and cover letter by EMAIL ONLY to email@example.com please list “PUBLICIST” in your subject line.
Applications will be accepted until Friday March 21, 2014 with interviews commencing as soon as possible.
We sincerely appreciate your interest in this exciting role with Drake Hotel Properties, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO TELEPHONE, EMAIL OR IN PERSON INQUIRIES.
The Drake Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information about us, please visit our website at: www.thedrakehotel.ca. Want to keep up with What’s On @ Drake? Sign up for our E-AKE Newsletter below:
http://www.thedrakehotel.ca/eake/ or follow us on Twitter @thedrakehotel