Our employees are offered an opportunity for growth in a spirited work environment. Join our team and share in our future.
We thank all applicants for your interest in working with Drake, however, due to the high level of interest in each of our postings, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. We respectfully request no TELEPHONE, EMAIL or IN PERSON inquiries.
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
The Drake Hotel, an anchor of West Queen West and an original boutique hotel concept, has helped to transform Toronto’s cultural map. Known as an energetic hub for visual and performance art, dining, hospitality and retail experiences, the Drake is one of Canada’s most unique and sought after hotel and culinary destinations. After 11 years of acknowledged success, the Drake is experiencing an exciting phase of growth as we extended our cultural mandate to our new outposts; Drake One Fifty, our first stand-alone restaurant nestled in Toronto’s bustling Financial District and Drake Devonshire Inn, in Prince Edward County.
As we continue to broaden the reach of our brand and offerings, we are seeking a CORPORATE SALES SPECIALIST. The Corporate Sales Specialist is an integral part of the Sales team, working with clients and with the Event Coordination and Operations teams to secure, plan and execute unique and memorable events across all Drake Properties. This individual will have sales quotas for all Drake Hotel properties.
• Effectively sell event and room offerings across all properties by marketing the varied and multi-use Drake venues
• Solicit new business from potential and existing clients through pre-planned personal sales calls, emails and in-person; maintain regular contact with present accounts to maximize repeat business
• Prepare tailored presentations for prospective clients. Conduct site inspections at Drake Hotel highlighting event spaces and guest rooms
• Attend and participate in related associations, committees and networking sessions (e.g. LinkedIn)
• Prepare weekly reports, providing sales activities, booked business and action plans for the following week. Follow up on all sales activities
• Monitor the products and services of competitors. Responsible for full market knowledge as it relates to competitors
• Ensure exceptional event experience for both guests and Drake staff, by ensuring a smooth and timely transition to the on-site Event Coordinator
• Accurately enter and maintain event details in Caterease, including specific event requirements to ensure successful planning and delivery of event
• Assist the Drake in developing service standards and training programs for all Special Events related activities
• Maintain updated records of clients and prospective clients
• Ensure that correct credit information is received and follows proper billing procedures
• Participates in sales forecasts and budget processes
• Manages client feedback, respond to customer complaints, resolves problems and gives out information
• Confident and proactive
• Sound knowledge of Food & Beverage and Catering operations
• Knowledge in Word, Excel, and Caterese (or similar) systems
• A sales expert with a proven track record in sales excellence (ideally with own roster of contacts)
• Passionate about a superior guest service
• Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills
• Exceptional interpersonal skills to quickly build relationships and deliver results
• Shows initiative and the ability to be forward thinking, with uncompromising self-motivation
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team and be accountable for performance
• Flexible and agile in responding to changing priorities and emerging opportunities
• First rate communication skills, verbal, written + numerical
• Demonstrate the ability to reveal opportunities for continual improvement
• Demonstrated the commitment, passion and activity required to succeed
• Aspires to develop own skills and development within an organization
• A dynamic, energetic team player
WHAT WE OFFER:
We pride ourselves in providing strong leadership and development opportunities for passionate hospitality professionals who are looking to build rewarding, long-term careers. Drake offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, employee discounts, training + development support and many other unique perks as a part of joining the Drake team. In addition, this role will be eligible for commission on sales across all properties.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your resume and cover letter by EMAIL ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org please list “SALES SPECIALIST” in your subject line. Interviews commencing as soon as possible.
We sincerely appreciate your interest in this exciting role with Drake Hotel Properties, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO TELEPHONE, EMAIL OR IN PERSON INQUIRIES.
The Drake Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information about us, please visit our website at: www.thedrakehotel.ca. Want to keep up with What’s On @ Drake? Sign up for our E-AKE Newsletter below:
http://www.thedrakehotel.ca/eake/ or follow us on Twitter @thedrakehotel