We pride ourselves in providing strong leadership and development opportunities for passionate hospitality professionals who are looking to build rewarding, long-term careers. Drake offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, employee discounts, training + development support and many other unique perks as a part of working the Drake team. Join our team and share in our future.
We thank all applicants for your interest in working with The Drake, however, due to the high level of interest in each of our postings, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. We respectfully request no TELEPHONE, EMAIL or IN PERSON inquiries.
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
The Drake Hotel, an anchor of Queen Street West and an original boutique hotel concept, is seeking a SENIOR ACCOUNTANT. Recognized as ‘One of the Top 500 Hotels in the World’ by Travel + Leisure Magazine, we are clearly more than a place to eat and sleep: we are a ‘Hot Bed for Culture’. While we undertake the process of growing our portfolio of properties through acquisition, development and increased brand recognition, we will continue to provide one of Canada’s most unique and sought after hotel and culinary experiences. The Finance + Procurement team is currently seeking a passionate and skilled individual to assist us as we grow. Reporting to the Director, Finance, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Ensure accurate and timely financial reporting for multiple companies, including preparation of financial statements and management reporting.
• Conduct analyses of financial and operational reporting with the aim of improving profitability and driving operational effectiveness
• Participate in the planning cycle which includes budgeting and forecasting
• Perform month end functions, including but no limited to: balance sheet account reconciliations, statutory remittances, month end accruals, adjusting journal entries, variance to budget analyses
• Support in the preparation of information to the external auditors for the annual audit
• Assist with A/P, A/R and other accounting functions as assigned
Skills + Requirements:
• A post secondary degree or diploma
• 2-3 years full cycle accounting/book keeping experience
• Familiarity with finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, in a retail environment
• An understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures including federal and provincial tax regulations
• Proven experience with SAGE ACCPAC is an asset
• A/P and A/R systems knowledge.
• Working knowledge of payroll reporting and administration
• Extremely Proficient with Microsoft Excel + Microsoft Office applications
• Auditing experience is an asset
• Well developed analytical and problem solving skills.
• Detail oriented, Professional Attitude & reliable.
• Effective written communication and report writing skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Effective time management skills and strict adherence to deadlines.
• Familiarity with Room master, Silverware and Caterease considered an asset.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your resume, cover letter via EMAIL ONLY to email@example.com please list “SENIOR ACCOUNTANT” in your subject line.
Applications will be accepted until Friday Mar 3, 2017, with interviews commencing as soon as possible. Target start for the successful candidate is mid-March 2017.
We sincerely appreciate your interest in this exciting role at The Drake Hotel, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO TELEPHONE OR IN PERSON INQUIRIES. The Drake Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.