Our employees are offered an opportunity for growth in a spirited work environment. Join our team and share in our future.
We thank all applicants for your interest in working with Drake, however, due to the high level of interest in each of our postings, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. We respectfully request no TELEPHONE, EMAIL or IN PERSON inquiries.
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
The Drake Hotel, an anchor of Queen Street West and an original boutique hotel concept, is seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our Accounting & Finance team at Drake Hotel Properties. This intermediate accounting role leads towards an exciting career path for the right candidate. Attention to detail, high level of accuracy and intense sense of responsibility are the main criteria for this role.
This position will also provide learning opportunities as you assist the Drake Hotel Properties team in developing new reports, processes and accounting solutions for our new properties. Being an integral member of accounting team you will be responsible for performing your functions in a professional and accurate manner.
- Review the financial data of the food, beverage and hotel operations ensuring accuracy of the information as reported. You will be responsible for accurately allocating reported revenue and expenses to the appropriate ledger accounts.
- Review and verify the accuracy of revenues reported to Accounts Receivable by balancing the accounts to appropriate ledgers. This is done on a daily and period end basis.
- Provide assistance in the closing of books at period end.
- Prepare any daily, weekly or monthly reports as may be requested by management from time to time.
- Responsible for data entry, processing invoices and performing cheque runs in a timely manner.
- Enter, reconcile and balance the accounting data – and manage entry/review of information in the accounting system.
- Maintain capital assets records.
- Post-secondary education preferably with an Accounting focus
- Hospitality industry experience is preferred but not necessary
- Minimum 2 years of previous Accounting experience
- Must have strong work ethic, be well organized and a self-starter
- Must be able to independently follow standard accounting department procedures
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Proficient in Excel and Word - Accpac experience a plus
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem solving skills, good accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
WHAT WE OFFER:
We pride ourselves in providing strong leadership and development opportunities for passionate hospitality professionals who are looking to build rewarding, long-term careers. Drake offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, employee discounts, training + development support and many other unique perks as a part of joining the Drake team.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your resume and cover letter by EMAIL ONLY to email@example.com please list “ACCOUNTANT ADMIN” in your subject line.
Applications will be accepted until Friday April 18, 2014 with interviews commencing as soon as possible.
We sincerely appreciate your interest in this exciting role with Drake Hotel Properties, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO TELEPHONE, EMAIL OR IN PERSON INQUIRIES.
The Drake Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information about us, please visit our website at: www.thedrakehotel.ca. Want to keep up with What’s On @ Drake? Sign up for our E-AKE Newsletter below:
http://www.thedrakehotel.ca/eake/ or follow us on Twitter @thedrakehotel