The Drake is a place to be yourself.
We are seizing the moment to make systematic, everlasting change so that The Drake can be a catalyst for change in the hospitality industry and a platform for more Black and diverse voices to be heard. We aim to be a destination for discovery and acceptance in Toronto and Prince Edward County, where everyone is welcome and feels comfortable to explore, try new things and be together in a safe, positive environment. We strive to be a place where our staff know we want them to bring their full selves to work, and we celebrate what makes them them; a neighbourhood beacon where every guest not only sees themselves reflected through art and programming, but can learn something about someone else, too.
We do not permit discrimination or harassment of any kind by anyone in our properties on any grounds protected under human rights laws. This is our goal and mission. We know the responsibility we have to our communities, and we want to be a leader you are proud of.
Now and into the future, we at Drake Hotel Properties commit to:
- Using our cultural programming to support and provide a platform for Black and diverse artists
- Using our platforms to advocate for positive change and spearhead fundraising efforts in support of Black advocacy groups
- Developing and maintaining a board of external advisors from the Black community, meeting to review our progress on a quarterly basis
- Conducting a full internal audit of our organization and executing diversity training for all staff at all levels, starting with our leadership team
- Developing and maintaining an internal diversity committee
- Actively working towards a greater number of BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Colour) employees, including representation at every level, particularly in decision-making roles
Maintaining an inclusive environment must be a continually ongoing process – the work will never be complete. Stay tuned for more updates as we embark on this mission.