Wedding + Event Sales Manager
The Drake Hotel, Drake Devonshire + Motor Inn
When your industry is hospitality, the people are key. Drake Hotel Properties has humble beginnings, with a small team of entrepreneurial spirits whose energy has transformed to a growing group of dreamers + doers. As a leading hospitality + retail brand in Canada, [and winner of Canada’s Top Small + Medium Employers, might we add...] The Drake is an ever-expanding cultural hub that brings communities together around one-of-a-kind experiences that blend food + drink, art + music, meetings + weddings and unforgettable hotel stays all delivered by some of the best people you’ll ever meet.
We are currently on the hunt for a WEDDING + EVENT SALES MANAGER for DRAKE WEDDINGS and SPECIAL EVENTS to seek, sell + manage memorable events at all Drake properties, including The Drake Hotel, Drake Devonshire + Motor Inn. Working alongside a highly-engaged + fast-paced Sales Team, this individual will make waves by promoting their territory + uncovering new sales opportunities. The Wedding + Event Sales Manager will create + lead unique events for clients while growing the Drake Events brand as a whole, to ensure it is regarded amongst the top event’s groups in Toronto and beyond. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast paced work environment; enjoys working closely with social and specifically wedding clients to help visualize, solicit and sell the event. They are encouraged to use their experience and contacts to capture new business, while being extremely detail oriented and highly organized to manage a large volume of inquiries.
This position, reporting to the Sr. Manager, Event Sales + Operations, requires a unique combination of experience that includes demonstrated sales and service excellence in a high-volume hotel environment, alongside sound knowledge of marketing principles and community-based activations.
- The Wedding + Event Sales Manager manages incoming social inquiries; sends proposals and contracts according to hotel guidelines/pricing strategy, food & beverage minimums, and rental fees. Follows accounting procedures.
- Knowledgeable in all areas of the hotel and able to negotiate and upsell within booking guidelines.
- Ability to form strong working relationships with various internal stakeholders such as, the hotel, reservations, sales, operations and culinary teams
- Primarily sales focused, however, ability to detail + execute onsite events, as required by the business
- Actively participates within the Sales & Marketing Team to follow industry trends and drive sales.
- Solicits and prospects new business from potential and existing clients through pre-planned personal sales calls, emails and in-person; maintain regular contact with present accounts to maximize repeat business
- Effectively sell event and guestrooms across all properties by marketing the varied and multi-use Drake venues
- Prepare tailored presentations for prospective clients. Conduct site inspections, highlighting event spaces and guestrooms
- Attend and participate in related associations, committees and networking sessions (e.g. trade shows)
- Prepare weekly reports, providing sales activities, booked business and action plans for the following week. Follow up on all sales activities
- Monitor the products and services of competitors. Responsible for full market knowledge as it relates to competitors
- Ensure exceptional event experience for both guests and Drake staff, by ensuring a smooth and timely transition to the on-site Event Coordinator
- Accurately enter and maintain event details in Tripleseat and Opera, including specific event requirements to ensure successful planning and delivery of event
- Assist the Drake in developing service standards and training programs for all Special Events related activities
- Maintain updated records of clients and prospective clients
- Ensure that correct credit information is received and follows proper billing procedures
- Participates in sales forecasts and budget processes
- Manages client feedback, respond to customer complaints, resolves problems and gives out information
- Active participate onsite in our PEC locations, as required by the business
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in a similar role for a hotel, venue, or event space
- Experience selling + executing weddings + events in a similar atmosphere
- Sound knowledge of Food & Beverage and hotel operations, able to use knowledge to increase guest spend through suggested add-ons
- Knowledge in Word, Excel, and Tripleseat, Opera (or similar) systems – ability to learn new systems quickly
- Passionate about a superior guest service, consistently following up + following through
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills, ability to manage high volume of inquiries across multiple platforms
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to quickly build relationships and deliver results
- Shows initiative and the ability to be forward thinking, with uncompromising self-motivation
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team and be accountable for performance
- Flexible and agile in responding to changing priorities and emerging opportunities
- First rate communication skills, verbal, written + numerical
- Demonstrate the ability to reveal opportunities for continual improvement
- Demonstrated the commitment, passion and activity required to succeed
- Aspires to develop own skills and development within an organization
- A dynamic, energetic team player who is willing to ‘roll up their sleeves’ to get the best result for both the client + DHP
WHAT WE OFFER:
We pride ourselves in providing strong leadership and development opportunities for passionate hospitality professionals who are looking to build rewarding, long-term careers. Drake offers a competitive compensation, bonus, and benefits package, training programs and other unique perks, as part of joining our team.
The Drake Hotel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering a positive, supportive, and creative environment at Drake Hotel Properties that promotes equity, inclusiveness and diversity. We welcome job applications from candidates of all backgrounds including, but not limited to, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Colour); refugees, newcomers, and immigrant persons; two-spirit, LGBTQ+ and gender non-binary persons, and persons with disabilities. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you can access and complete the submissions process.