The Drake Hotel
We are looking for a Part-time Sushi Chef (Cook) to join our culinary team and prepare delicious plates for our guests.
Sushi Chef responsibilities include handling a wide range of raw fish and other ingredients, managing food stock and working with an attention to detail to fulfill all orders within Drake high quality standards. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with Japanese cuisine and be available to work during our opening hours.
Sushi Chef responsibilities include:
- Creating/ preparing a rich sushi menu with various main ingredients and raw fish (for example, salmon, tuna, unagi)
- Preparing all types of sushi, including maki, nigiri and sashimi
- Selecting fresh fruits and vegetables to make high-quality dishes (including avocado, mango and carrots) from inventory
- Add additional flavors to sushi rolls with ginger, rice vinegar, wasabi and soy sauce, when appropriate
- Manage food prep activities, like boiling rice
- Coordinate with our BOH/ Cook staff to ensure proper cooking, considering special requests and food allergies
- Prepare appetizers, soups and salads that are close to the philosophy of Japanese cuisine
- Monitor food stock and place orders, as needed
- Recommend new, modern recipes
- Maintain hygiene principles in all cooking areas and clean your space at the end of the shift
- Previous work experience as a Sushi Chef/ Cook
- Must be available to work Sunday & Monday, 2:30pm-11:30pm
- Good knowledge of various sushi types and sushi-rolling techniques
- Ability to work both fast and accurately
- Team spirit
- Availability to work during business hours, including weekends and evenings
- Flexibility to take on various shifts
- Certification from a culinary school is a plus
Competitive pay, employee discounts on F+B offerings, benefits, training programs and other unique perks, as part of joining our team. If you are seeking a challenging, fun and great learning environment this is ideal for you.
The Drake Hotel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering a positive, supportive, and creative environment at Drake Hotel Properties that promotes equity, inclusiveness and diversity. We welcome job applications from candidates of all backgrounds including, but not limited to, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Colour); refugees, newcomers and immigrant persons; two-spirit, LGBTQ+ and gender non-binary persons, and persons with disabilities. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you can access and complete the submissions process.