The Drake Hotel
The Drake is experiencing an exciting phase of growth and is currently seeking a SOUS CHEF to join our dynamic kitchen leadership team. This role provides a unique opportunity for an experienced, passionate and innovative culinary professional and inspiring leader who is looking for a rewarding hospitality career with opportunities for advancement.
We are seeking candidates with a combination of skills and experience that include operational + kitchen management excellence in a high volume business, as well as a proven desire to strive for continuous culinary innovation. The ideal candidate will bring management experience from a similar environment, as well a strong culinary background, staff management, operations, safety and compliance.
Reporting to The Executive Chef, you will play a key role as part of a small, interdependent management team that may include: Hotel, Culinary, Special Events, Security, Human Resources and Corporate Service departments.
While on shift, your role will include, but not be limited to:
- Understanding, adhering to and executing all kitchen operational policies + procedures, standards and training programs
- Ensuring a unique and consistent guest dining experience by actively managing the team and resolving issues, should they arise
- Maintaining a strong focus on achieving and/or exceeding revenue targets, within acceptable labour cost and service standard parameters
- Monitoring and managing service, quality, health + safety and cleanliness
- 3-5 years of progressive kitchen leadership experience in a fine or casual dining environment
- Demonstrated awareness of and interest in current culinary trends in the marketplace
- Operations management experience in a high volume establishment with significant evening and catering/special events business
- Experienced trainer and mentor to large staff teams
- Demonstrated patience, tact and diplomacy while leading a diverse team of industry professionals
- Ability to multi-task, remain cool and keep up in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication experience, both verbal & written
- Excellent organizational skills, with timely delivery of all required administrative work
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends and holidays
- Red Seal Certification or equivalent considered a strong asset
WHAT WE OFFER:
We pride ourselves in providing strong leadership and development opportunities for passionate hospitality professionals who are looking to build rewarding, long-term careers. Drake offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, employee discounts, training + development support and many other unique perks as a part of joining the Drake team.
The Drake Hotel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering a positive, supportive, and creative environment at Drake Hotel Properties that promotes equity, inclusiveness and diversity. We welcome job applications from candidates of all backgrounds including, but not limited to, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Colour); refugees, newcomers and immigrant persons; two-spirit, LGBTQ+ and gender non-binary persons and persons with disabilities. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you can access and complete the submissions process.