SOCIAL MEDIA + DIGITAL MARKETING SPECIALIST
The Drake Hotel, an anchor of Queen St West and an original boutique hotel concept, has proudly contributed to the evolution of Toronto’s Art + Culture scene. Known as an energetic hub for visual and performance art, dining, and hospitality experiences, The Drake is one of Canada’s most unique and sought-after hotel and culinary destinations. Seventeen years since opening our doors, The Drake is experiencing an exciting phase of growth as we expand our downtown Toronto flagship, including 32 new hotel rooms, opening fall, 2021.
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, the Social Media + Digital Marketing Specialist is an experienced social media community manager and digital marketer who is able to develop, plan and execute omnichannel marketing strategies across email marketing, search, display, web, UX and influencer/thought leader programs as well as social media strategy, planning and content creation to improve brand awareness, conversion and revenue.
The ideal candidate should possess strong social media skills on both traditional and emerging platforms and understand digital marketing as it relates to SMO, SEO, SEM, Google AdWords, PPC, web, and email. It’s also no sweat for you to walk between strategic thinking and execution – you love to execute as much as you love to strategize and plan. You’re a natural storyteller who has experience with creative writing while using numbers to help paint a picture. Moreover, you love data, technology and creative applications; always finding ways to fuse your left-brain with right-brain thinking as you guide guests through the DHP digital landscape.
- Develop DHP’s social media strategy and monthly content calendar (paid + organic) while leading all on-property brand content development initiatives from creative brief to publishing.
- Build social community through evocative/compelling content and creative writing while engaging with followers, thought leaders/influencers and other stakeholders to increase platform presence while encouraging conversation, conversions and differentiating the DHP brand from the competition.
- Conceptualize and execute creative campaigns to increase followers, engagement and drive website traffic and conversions.
- Actively evaluate the effectiveness of the campaign against KPIs (organic/paid) to maximize ROI and implement effective strategies with clear recommendations for future campaigns (direction, tactics, timeline, budget, etc.).
- Manage and monitor social media channels and respond to community outreach; assessing opportunities and addressing any negative feedback with property leads.
- Spearhead influencer and thought-leader stays/partnerships, working in tandem with partners to create compelling content to support property priorities.
- Research and stay informed with current technologies/trends in social media, digital design technology tools and applications with an ability to capitalize on them in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for organizing content management system: tagging, archiving and organizing all content for digital platforms.
- Work closely with the Senior Marketing Manager to plan and execute digital marketing initiatives across DHP’s digital platforms including website, email marketing, search, display, programmatic, remarketing, and display campaigns.
- Manage, analyze, evaluate and optimize digital marketing campaigns and website analytics to determine areas of opportunities at both the brand and property level.
- Monitor and review web traffic using analytics and provide recommendations on data regarding campaign performance, SEO, UX and conversion goals.
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking, and other factors to improve SEO positions for targeted keywords.
- Research both branded + non-branded keywords, audiences, ad formats and campaign options etc. for paid + organic campaigns.
- Optimize copy for web landing pages and create compelling and creative blog posts and calendars for SEO.
- Analyze email campaign’s KPIs and identify trends to develop strategies that better segment and create sales and traffic opportunities.
- Manage the relationship with the digital marketing agency of record and liaise with Senior Marketing Manager.
To be successful in this role you will be a self-starter with exceptional verbal and written communication skills, a natural at storytelling with an ability to champion through creative writing paired with exceptional visuals. Critical thinking comes easy to you and you possess excellent proofreading abilities and a knack for details. You also have noteworthy analytic, organization and decision-making skills. In addition, the successful candidate will be able to work well under pressure and respond to fast-changing priorities and deadlines.
- An undergraduate degree or college diploma in marketing, business, journalism, communications or related field of study and/or post-education in digital marketing or social media management.
- 2-3 years professional experience in social media and digital marketing; bonus if you have hospitality marketing or related digital agency experience.
- Passion for social media, technology and creating community.
- Strong knowledge of social media marketing strategies, tactics SMO, community management, content creation, creative copywriting, publishing and campaign development across multiple channels; Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok and video platforms; YouTube, Vimeo, etc.
- Experience in paid and organic digital campaigns including email marketing, search, SEM, display, remarketing and programmatic.
- Demonstrable experience in website design and development (preferably some experience with HTLM/CSS), e-commerce management and various tools and digital platforms: Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Google AdWords Editor, Facebook Advertising, Remarketing and Conversion tracking along with Campaign Monitor.
- Proficient knowledge in analytics, statistics, and managing data to answer key marketing questions and derive insights.
- Exceptional self-starter with an unmatched ability for research, troubleshooting, and problem-solving.
- Ability to think and work both strategically, tactically and with a creative mindset.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and high accuracy/attention to detail.
- Ability to work well independently and part of a dynamic team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with a creative approach and flexibility to work evenings and weekends if required from time to time.
- A strong team player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
ABOUT DRAKE HOTEL PROPERTIES:
Drake Hotel Properties is a growing art + culture hospitality brand focused on lifestyle hotels, food and drink and special events. DHP is a Canadian leader in forward-thinking hospitality design and builds with a passion for revitalizing character properties. These properties include The Drake Hotel (Toronto), Drake One Fifty (Toronto), Drake Devonshire Inn (Wellington, Prince Edward County), and Drake Motor Inn (Wellington, Prince Edward County). Each property reflects its unique neighbourhood and invites guests to experience our blend of a bespoke hotel, classic general store and cultural community centre while enjoying great seasonal menus, a deep cocktail list, carefully curated curiosities and genuine hospitality excellence.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We pride ourselves in providing strong leadership and development opportunities for passionate professionals who are looking to build rewarding, long-term careers. Drake offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, employee discounts, training + development support and many other unique perks as a part of joining the Drake team.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter and electronic portfolio by EMAIL ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org please list “SOCIAL MEDIA + DIGITAL MARKETING SPECIALIST” in your subject line. Or apply directly with the LINK below.
Interviews commencing as soon as possible.
We sincerely appreciate your interest in this exciting role at The Drake, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO TELEPHONE, EMAIL OR IN-PERSON INQUIRIES.
The Drake Hotel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed and actively working towards fostering a positive, supportive, and creative environment at Drake Hotel Properties that promotes equity, inclusiveness and diversity. We welcome job applications from candidates of all backgrounds including, but not limited to, Indigenous, Black, and racialized persons; refugee, newcomer and immigrant persons; two-spirit, LGBTQ+ and gender non-binary persons, and persons with disabilities. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you can access and complete the submissions process.
For more information about us, please visit our website at: www.thedrake.ca
Want to keep up with What’s On @Drake? Sign up for our E-AKE Newsletter below:
https://www.thedrake.ca/subscribe/ or follow us @thedrake