When your industry is hospitality, the people are key. The Drake has humble beginnings, with a small team of entrepreneurial spirits whose energy has transformed into a growing group of dreamers + doers. As a leading hotel, hospitality + lifestyle brand in Canada, we are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our team. The Drake is an ever-expanding cultural hub that brings communities together around one-of-a-kind experiences that blend unforgettable hotel stays, exceptional food + drink, art + music, meetings + weddings, all delivered by some of the best people you’ll ever meet. We bridge the art of the moment and intentional hospitality to ignite curiosity within the modern traveler.
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant is an integral member the Finance + Accounting team, providing day-to-day financial and operational support and leadership.
- Ownership of timely month end close for hotels and associated entities in accordance with GAAP, including preparation of all JE’s, monthly reconciliations, and production of financial statement package
- Assist Staff Accountant with month end close process and perform review of statements and reconciliations
- Responsible for Quarterly and Annual Financial Statement preparation including consolidated financial statements and schedules for internal and external stakeholders
- Key contributor to Year End financial audit, responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of lead sheets, year end reconciliations, reasonability analysis and supporting documentation
- Open and effective communication with Auditors and other external stakeholders
- Responsible for all HST, EHT and WSIB filings and reconciliations
- Assist with AP, AR, and other accounting functions as necessary
- Continuous review of all key GL accounts and KPI’s
- Liaise with all Drake departments to help drive financial results and operational excellence
- Evaluate internal accounting processes to improve accuracy and efficiencies
- Other special projects, ad-hoc reports, and responsibilities as necessary
SKILLS + REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 3+ years of hands-on general ledger, reconciliation, and analysis experience
- Hotel Accounting experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- CPA designation or upper-year candidate
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel + Microsoft Office applications
- Saga 300 (ACCPAC) preferred
- Knowledge and experience in government statutory filings (e.g HST, WSIB, EHT)
- AP and AR systems knowledge
- Auditing experience is an asset
- Well developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to prepare and deliver reports, effective presentations and to facilitate meetings
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, deadline-driven environment
WHAT WE OFFER:
We pride ourselves in providing strong leadership and development opportunities for passionate hospitality professionals who are looking to build rewarding, long-term careers. Drake offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, employee discounts, training + development support and many other unique perks as a part of joining the Drake team.
The Drake Hotel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering a positive, supportive, and creative environment at Drake Hotel Properties that promotes equity, inclusiveness and diversity. We welcome job applications from candidates of all backgrounds including, but not limited to, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Colour); refugees, newcomers and immigrant persons; two-spirit, LGBTQ+ and gender non-binary persons, and persons with disabilities. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you can access and complete the submissions process.