CONTEST TERMS + CONDITIONS
- The contest starts at 12:01 am (ET) on September 8, 2022, EST and continues until 11:59 pm (ET) on October 16th, 2022, the contest closing date. No purchase is necessary. Only one (1) entry per person.
(a) To enter, go to www.drakemotorinn.ca/win, complete the entry ballot in full and submit it as instructed by the contest closing date.
(b) A random draw selecting one (1) winner from the entries will take place at Drake Hotel Properties 1150 Queen St West, Toronto ON at approximately 11:00 a.m. on October 17th, 2022. The selected winner will be contacted by email.
(c) If a selected entrant cannot be reached within 2 weeks of contract from The Drake team, incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, declines the prize, or fails to return a Release of Liability as specified below, another entrant will be randomly selected instead.
- Participants are eligible to win one overnight in a room at The Drake Hotel, Drake Motor Inn or Drake Devonshire, for 2 nights for 2 guests to be redeemed between November 1st, 2022 through November 15th, 2022, dinner for 2 at the either of our Drake Hotel Property Restaurants ($75 dining credit per person), and a three (3) day vehicle loan for a MINI Cooper S Countryman ALL4 provided by MINI Canada, a division of BMW Canada Inc. (“MINI Canada”). The approximate retail value of the Prize is $850 for Drake portion + $250 for the MINI Canada portion. The winner will be required to take possession of the vehicle from either The Drake Devonshire Inn Property (24 Wharf St, Wellington, ON K0K 3L0) or MINI Canada Head Office (50 Ultimate Drive, Richmond Hill, ON L4S 0C8), or the BMW Group Canada Eastern Regional Office (2035-135 Boulevard Dagenais Ouest. Laval, QC, H7L 5V1). The winner will be required to sign a vehicle loan agreement. The winner will be responsible for any and all other expenses not specifically described above as included in the Prize including all costs of maintaining and repairing the vehicle and keeping it in the same working order and condition as at the time of receipt by the winner, reasonable wear and tear excepted, all expenses of operating the Prize including any toll charges, parking violations, traffic offences and any other incidentals required for the proper operation and/or protection of the Prize. Once the winner has been notified of their prize, the winner must take possession of the vehicle no later than November 13, 2021. The Winner will be required to show proof of valid driver’s licence before being allowed to drive the vehicle off the lot of the designated pick-up location. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to alter vehicle specifications or substitute the vehicle with a vehicle of equivalent or greater monetary value or of a different model year for any reason including but not limited to: delivery or production delays caused by labour disruptions, part shortages, or other unforeseen events, end of model year availability, and for any other reasons. Prize winner must book their overnight and dinner with the Drake Hotel Properties team by November 1st, 2022. Overnight and dinner prize booking subject to booking date availability.
(b) Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred or exchanged. Drake Hotel Properties reserves the right to substitute a prize of at least equal value in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the, advertised overnight and dinner portion of the prize. Drake Hotel Properties is not liable for the MINI Canada portion of the prizing.
- To be declared a winner, selected entrants must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question as included on the entry form; and may also need to return a signed release of liability and acknowledgement form. Contest judges' rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to the promotion and the awarding of prizes.
- By entering this contest, entrants’ consent to the use of their entry, first & last name, and email address by Drake Hotel Properties + MINI Canada for marketing purposes. Drake Hotel Properties ensures full security of your information + compliance with anti-spam laws.
- This contest is open to residents of Canada who are over the age of (21) twenty-one, and who maintain a fully valid driver’s license in their province or territory of residence, excluding employees of Drake Hotel Properties and MINI Canada. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. For residents of Quebec: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- No communications will be entered into except with selected entrants. To receive a copy of the final winner announcement, send a postage-paid, self-addressed envelope after the Contest Closing Date to 1150 Queen St West, Toronto ON, M6J 1J3 Attn: “Drake Adventure Giveaway Contest 2022” Contest.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the rules may be disqualified by Drake Hotel Properties. Drake Hotel Properties takes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed entries, or for typographical or other production errors. Drake Hotel Properties is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this contest. All entries become the property of Drake Hotel Properties and will not be returned.
- By entering this Contest, entrants release and hold harmless Drake Hotel Properties, its advertising and promotional agencies, MINI Canada and the contest judge(s), their affiliates and respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releases”) from any liability in connection with this Contest or, if declared a winner, the prize. Before being declared a winner, entrants may be required to sign and return, within a stipulated period of time, a Declaration of Compliance with the Contest Rules and a full Liability and Publicity Release. By accepting a prize, winners consent to the use of their name, place of residence, voice, statements, photographs or other likenesses for publicity, advertising or informational purposes in any medium or format without further compensation or notice.
- This contest will be run in accordance with these rules, subject to amendment by Drake Hotel Properties. Contestants must comply with these rules and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules by participating in the contest. The terms of this contest, as set out in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein.
- (a) Drake Hotel Properties, assumes no responsibility for the failure of the internet or the website during the contest period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. Drake Hotel Properties reserves the right, in its sole discretion; to cancel or suspend the email portion of this contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond their reasonable control corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Drake Hotel Properties reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
(b) If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this contest will be the contest server machine(s).