We are experiencing an exciting phase of growth at The Drake + are thrilled to introduce a new role with the Central Reservations team. The Central Reservationist role provides candidates with the opportunity to build their communication, guest relations + events skills.
Our ideal candidate will possess a combination of skills + experience that include a proven track record of providing a superior hospitality experience in similar high-volume environments. They will demonstrate a passion for hospitality + an eagerness to grow their experience in guest service, reservations + special events.
- Ensure inbound calls are answered in a professional + courteous manner, in accordance to our service standards at The Drake, to ensure service excellence is delivered consistently
- Adhere to reservation + special event booking policies, capturing guest information thoroughly + accurately
- Remain consistently logged into phone queues during high-volume call times
- Develop + demonstrate a high-level of brand knowledge + expertise by asking questions + seeking clarity
- Hold in-depth knowledge of DHP venues with regard to layout, operational volume + menu offerings
- Actively seek out details from guests, offering personalized recommendations + effectively using up selling techniques to enhance the guests’ experience + drive restaurant sales
- Engage guests with upcoming events, including arts + cultural programming at The Drake, to enhance their experience + highlight key #ONEDRAKE partnerships
- Ensure all paperwork, reservation inquiries + emails are completed or responded to in a timely fashion
- Embody the spirit of community-building by creating memorable moments for guests
Please note: while this role is predominantly based out of the Corporate Office, support for the operations teams at the property level may be required from time to time.
- 1-2 years of experience in a host +/- event role in a similar high-volume venue
- Computer literate with knowledge of a variety of computer software applications
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Guest focused, professional, with a creative + solution-oriented mindset
- Outgoing, confident + positive attitude
- Strong attention to detail + time management skills
- Experience + proficiency with reservation systems, preferably OpenTable
- Available weekdays + weekends, including afternoon/evening shifts (mix of both)
Competitive pay, employee discounts on F+B offerings, benefits (extended Health + Dental, HSA), training programs and other unique perks, as part of joining our team. If you are seeking a challenging, fun and great learning environment, Drake Hotel is ideal for you.
The Drake Hotel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering a positive, supportive, and creative environment at Drake Hotel Properties that promotes equity, inclusiveness and diversity. We welcome job applications from candidates of all backgrounds including, but not limited to, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Colour); refugees, newcomers and immigrant persons; two-spirit, LGBTQ+ and gender non-binary persons, and persons with disabilities. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you can access and complete the submissions process.