We are experiencing an exciting phase of growth at The Drake + are thrilled to introduce a new part-time role with the Central Reservations team. This PART-TIME RESERVATIONIST role provides candidates with the opportunity to build their communication, guest relations + events skills.
Our ideal candidate will possess a combination of skills + experience that include a proven track record of providing a superior hospitality experience in similar high-volume environments. They will demonstrate a passion for hospitality + an eagerness to grow their experience in guest service, reservations + special events.
- Ensure inbound calls are answered in a professional + courteous manner, in accordance to our service standards at The Drake, to ensure service excellence is delivered consistently
- Adhere to reservation + special event booking policies, capturing guest information thoroughly + accurately
- Develop + demonstrate a high-level of brand knowledge + expertise by asking questions + seeking clarity
- Actively seek out details from guests, offering personalised recommendations + effectively using upselling techniques to enhance the guests’ experience + drive restaurant sales
- Engage guests with upcoming events, including arts + cultural programming at The Drake, to enhance their experience + highlight key #ONEDRAKE partnerships
- Ensure all paperwork, reservation inquiries + emails are completed or responded to in a timely fashion
- Conduct regular sweeps to ensure bookings are aligned with restaurant policies + procedures, identifying potential service disruptions + informing/assisting the team in the problem-solving process
- Embody the spirit of community-building by creating memorable moments for guests
- 1-2 years of experience in a host +/- event role in a similar high-volume venue
- Computer literate with knowledge of a variety of computer software applications
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Guest focused, professional, with a creative + solution-oriented mindset
- Outgoing, confident + positive attitude
- Strong attention to detail + time management skills
- Experience + proficiency with reservation systems, preferably SevenRooms, TripleSeat, Room Master
- Available weeknights + weekends * specifically looking for availability for weekday afternoon/evening shifts & Weekend daytime *
WHAT WE OFFER:
We pride ourselves in providing strong leadership and development opportunities for passionate hospitality professionals who are looking to build rewarding, long-term careers. Drake offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, employee discounts, training + development support and many other unique perks as a part of joining the Drake team.
The Drake Hotel is an equal opportunity employer: We are committed and actively working towards fostering a positive, supportive, and creative environment at Drake Hotel Properties that promotes equity, inclusiveness and diversity. We welcome job applications from candidates of all backgrounds including, but not limited to, Indigenous, Black, and racialized persons; refugee, newcomer and immigrant persons; two-spirit, LGBTQ+ and gender non-binary persons, and persons with disabilities. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you can access and complete the submissions process.