When your industry is hospitality, the people are key. The Drake has humble beginnings, with a small team of entrepreneurial spirits whose energy has transformed into a growing group of dreamers + doers. As a leading hospitality brand in Canada, The Drake is an ever-expanding neighbourhood hub that brings communities together around one-of-a-kind experiences that blend food + drink, art + music, community and unforgettable hotel stays all delivered by some of the best people you will ever meet.
We are currently on the hunt for an ambitious and experienced Marketing Specialist to join our highly engaged brand team, ensuring the delivery of world-class marketing campaigns, social media and content strategy for our brand of hotels, restaurants, and bars.
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, the Marketing Specialist is an experienced social and digital marketer with a passion for hospitality and tourism. You have experience in creating and delivering multi-channel campaigns targeting a variety of audiences and understand digital marketing as it relates to email marketing, SMO, SEO, PPC and web/UX. It’s also no sweat for you to walk between strategic thinking, creative copy writing and tactical execution, always with an eye for brand and design.
Moreover, you love social media; always finding ways to fuse your left-brain with right-brain thinking as you guide and engage guests through a multi-channel social program to improve engagement, brand awareness and revenue. Reflective of the dynamic + fast-paced environment, you’re also not afraid to roll up your sleeves while maintaining the drive to generate measurable results on time and on budget.
- Works closely with the Senior Marketing Manager to develop and implement brand marketing plans while supporting local store marketing initiatives.
- Collaborate with brand and property teams to develop marketing collateral for various verticals and channels of business.
- Manage and develop revenue generating email marketing campaigns and tactics to increase subscriber opt-in, open rates and click-through rates.
- Spearhead social and content strategy from creative brief, and photoshoots to publishing, influencer / thought-leader relations and community management.
- Responsible for website updates including but not limited to seasonal updates, new landing pages and day-to-day maintenance.
- Work closely with digital agencies to develop paid campaigns related to SEO, social, remarketing and other digital tactics to drive hotel occupancy, traffic and revenue.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of campaign performance with monthly data deep dives to maximize ROI and implement effective strategies with clear recommendations for future campaigns (direction, tactics, timeline, budget, etc.).
- Ensure brand continuity and identity across all marketing vehicles.
To be successful in this role you will have an entrepreneurial drive with 2-3 years of progressive marketing experience in the hospitality or tourism industry. You LOVE DIGITAL, and can tell us all about TikTok vs Instagram, email segmentation vs a/b testing, and what you think of our Google Analytics reports… You have exceptional communication skills, a natural storyteller who has experience with writing while using numbers to help paint a picture. You live, eat + breathe culture: you’re a foodie, art + music lover, design-obsessed… a curious culture seeker. You have a pulse on what’s happening in and outside of Toronto. Critical thinking comes easy to you, and you possess excellent time management. You also have noteworthy analytic, organization and decision-making skills. In addition, the successful candidate will be able to work well under pressure and respond to fast-changing priorities and deadlines.
- 2-3+ years of progressive marketing experience in the hospitality or tourism industry.
- Degree in Business Marketing preferred.
- Experience in creating and delivering multi-channel campaigns targeting a variety of audiences online and offline.
- Experience with brand management and social media strategy, content creation, community management, copy writing, publishing and campaign development across multiple channels and platforms.
- Proficient knowledge in analytics, statistics, and managing data to answer key marketing questions and derive insights.
- Skilled with eCommerce, website optimization, SEO/SEM, PPC campaigns.
- Ability to think and work both strategically, tactically and with a creative mindset.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and high accuracy/attention to detail.
- Ability to work well independently and part of a dynamic team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with a creative approach and flexibility to work evenings and weekends (if needed from time to time).
- A strong team play with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Experience in Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, WordPress, Adobe InDesign/Photoshop, and Campaign Monitor are nice-to-haves.
ABOUT DRAKE HOTEL PROPERTIES
Drake Hotel Properties is a growing art + culture hospitality brand focused on lifestyle hotels, food and drink and special events. DHP is a Canadian leader in forward-thinking hospitality design and builds with a passion for revitalizing character properties. These properties include The Drake Hotel (Toronto), Drake One Fifty (Toronto), Drake Devonshire Inn (Wellington, Prince Edward County), and Drake Motor Inn (Wellington, Prince Edward County). Each property reflects its unique neighbourhood and invites guests to experience our blend of a bespoke hotel, classic general store and cultural community centre while enjoying great seasonal menus, a deep cocktail list, carefully curated curiosities and genuine hospitality excellence.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We pride ourselves in providing strong leadership and development opportunities for passionate professionals who are looking to build rewarding, long-term careers. Drake offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, employee discounts, training + development support and many other unique perks as a part of joining the Drake team.
The Drake Hotel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed and actively working towards fostering a positive, supportive, and creative environment at Drake Hotel Properties that promotes equity, inclusiveness and diversity. We welcome job applications from candidates of all backgrounds including, but not limited to, Indigenous, Black, and racialized persons; refugee, newcomer and immigrant persons; two-spirit, LGBTQ+ and gender non-binary persons, and persons with disabilities. Please advise us of any accommodation needed to ensure you can access and complete the submissions process.