Drake Hotel Properties
When your industry is hospitality, the people are key. The Drake has humble beginnings, with a small team of entrepreneurial spirits whose energy has transformed into a growing group of dreamers + doers. As a leading hospitality brand in Canada, The Drake is an ever-expanding neighborhood hub that brings communities together around one-of-a-kind experiences that blend food + drink, art + music, community and unforgettable hotel stays, all delivered by some of the best people you will ever meet.
We are currently searching for an ambitious and experienced Marketing Coordinator to join our highly engaged brand team, ensuring the delivery of world-class marketing campaigns, social media, and content strategy for our brand of hotels, restaurants, and bars.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing + Brand, the Marketing Coordinator, you will have an entrepreneurial drive with 1-2 years of progressive marketing experience in the hospitality or tourism industry. You have exceptional communication skills, a natural storyteller with creative writing experience while using numbers to help paint a picture. You live, eat + breathe culture: you’re a foodie, art + music lover, design-obsessed… a curious culture seeker. Critical thinking comes easy to you, and you possess excellent time management and have worked across email marketing, digital/web, social media and project management. You also have noteworthy analytic, organization and decision-making skills. In addition, the successful candidate will be able to work well under pressure and respond to fast-changing priorities and deadlines.
- Supports the Director of Marketing + Brand with the implementation and execution of local marketing plans for The Drake Hotel, Drake Devonshire, and Drake Motor Inn.
- Works closely with the Marketing Team and property stakeholders to create internal and external print and digital assets, including copywriting for ads, email newsletters, on-property collateral, signage, menus, etc.
- Responsible for all website updates, including copywriting for property promotional event listings, landing pages and all relevant third-party websites, ensuring content is accurate, seasonal, and reflective of business priorities.
- Coordinates all marketing, advertising, promotional initiatives, and day-to-day design requests aligned with the marketing calendar.
- Assists with property photo and video shoots and coordinating influencer and media visits.
- Create presentation materials for sales and marketing, including monthly marketing reports.
- Responsible for monthly property collateral audits aligned with brand standards
- Other duties as required
- 1-2+ years of progressive marketing experience in the hospitality or tourism industry
- Degree in Business Marketing preferred.
- Experience creating and delivering multi-channel marketing campaigns targeting various audiences online and offline.
- Proficient knowledge in analytics, statistics, and managing data to answer key marketing questions and derive insights.
- Ability to think and work both strategically, tactically and with a creative mindset.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and high accuracy/attention to detail.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a dynamic team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with a creative approach and flexibility to work evenings and weekends (if needed from time to time).
- A strong team play with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Experience in Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, WordPress and Campaign Monitor are nice-to-haves
WHAT WE OFFER:
We pride ourselves in providing strong leadership and development opportunities for passionate hospitality professionals who are looking to build rewarding, long-term careers. Drake offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, employee discounts, training + development support and many other unique perks as a part of joining the Drake team.
Drake Hotel Properties is an equal opportunity employer: We are committed and actively working towards fostering a positive, supportive, and creative environment at Drake Hotel Properties that promotes equity, inclusiveness and diversity. We welcome job applications from candidates of all backgrounds including, but not limited to, Indigenous, Black, and racialized persons; refugee, newcomer and immigrant persons; two-spirit, LGBTQ+ and gender non-binary persons, and persons with disabilities. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you can access and complete the submissions process.