Maintenance Operations Manager
Drake Devonshire + Motor Inn
The Drake Devonshire is currently seeking a Maintenance Operations Managerto join our dynamic team and oversee the property management and maintenance of the Drake Devonshire + Motor Inn.
We are looking for a guest + employee focused, hardworking, professional, flexible and positive individual who doesn't mind getting their hands dirty to take pride in the beauty and upkeep of our guest rooms and public spaces. The Maintenance Operations Manager is responsible for the daily performance of maintenance operations and the leadership of the facilities team, including staff and service administration.
The Maintenance Operations Manager must ensure that the maintenance team members are compliant with all applicable legislation including Occupational Health and Safety Regulations. This individual must consistently share critical information to the property General Manager concerning preventative maintenance and renovations in addition to leading their team in the achievement of company objectives.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Maintenance Operations Manager is also responsible for the following:
Oversight + Management of Facilities
- Perform maintenance, troubleshooting, diagnostics, and repair building systems and various equipment in all settings including kitchens.
- Multi-task and be able to prioritize and perform a variety of concurrent tasks including but not limited to mechanical/machinery repair, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry and general fabrication.
- Respond to and address all building and grounds related issues + emergencies.
- Oversee all building operations relative to Fire, Health and Safety procedures and audits.
- Conduct regular inspections of equipment to determine repairs or servicing required.
- Manage the maintenance team to ensure obligations are met with the value of service. Manage the prioritizing and scheduling of team member activities. Is attentive of employee skills, abilities, and identifies training and development opportunities.
- Plan and coordinate all preventative maintenance programs to ensure well maintained equipment on the property.
- Oversee and ensure work is being performed, that property operators are satisfied with our service, and new opportunities for building improvements are communicated to the General Manager.
- Take appropriate action to ensure the highest standard of maintenance. Look for opportunities for extras – adding value to our customers.
- Maintain inventories and work within a departmental budget.
- Document preventative maintenance activities and maintenance items completed through our work order system.
- Plan for Capital Projects as assigned by the Head Office and delegate to the maintenance team. This includes planning, scheduling, budgeting for all renovation and development projects.
- Manage the development project life cycle (design, development, commissioning, and closeout) using appropriate tools and resources.
- Work with third party service providers to ensure contractual obligations are met. Coordinate and direct all external consultants and contractors working on renovation and construction projects across the company.
- Technical training/license preferred in electrical, HVAC or plumbing 5 years of experience repairing and maintaining equipment. Hotel/hospitality experience is an asset.
- 3- 5 years’ experience in a leadership role preferred.
- Carpentry, drywall install, painting, plumbing, mechanical/electrical aptitude, and trouble-shooting skills + abilities.
- Familiar with facilities planning, design, and construction processes including building code and health and safety regulations.
- Able to read and interpret construction drawings.
- Able to identify key issues; creatively and strategically overcome internal challenges or obstacles.
- Holds a clear and solid understanding of personnel policies, practices, and procedures and other operational issues faced by the organization.
- Ability to work in a team environment and the ability to work with minimal supervision and take charge in situations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and activities. Strong eye for detail.
- Positive and energetic individual with a "can-do" attitude.
- Demonstrated leadership in delivering excellent service to others as this is key to supporting the success of our operations teams.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Must be comfortable with computers, software, mobile applications.
- Preference will be given to those with a PMP certification.
- Valid drivers’ license with a good driving record and the ability to travel between facilities as needed is an asset.
- Physical demands include continual standing and walking during shift. Must be able to lift 20 kg unassisted and be able to work from heights. Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during shift as might typically be used in performance of maintenance activities.
Additionally, due to the nature of our business we work when others play. Drake Devonshire LLP is open 365 days of the year, this makes our company and industry fun and exciting, but it is something to consider. You will be expected to be regularly available to work any shift during the hours of operation. Available and flexible to work days, evenings and weekends, on call to respond to emergency situations when off site.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We pride ourselves in providing strong leadership and development opportunities for passionate hospitality professionals who are looking to build rewarding, long-term careers. Drake Devonshire LLP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, employee discounts, training + development support and many other unique perks as a part of joining the team.
Drake Devonshire LLP is an equal opportunity employer: We are committed and actively working towards fostering a positive, supportive, and creative environment that promotes equity, inclusiveness and diversity. We welcome job applications from candidates of all backgrounds including, but not limited to, Indigenous, Black, and racialized persons; refugee, newcomer and immigrant persons; two-spirit, LGBTQ+ and gender non-binary persons, and persons with disabilities. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you can access and complete the submissions process.