JR Graphic Designer
When your industry is hospitality, the people are key. The Drake has humble beginnings, with a small team of entrepreneurial spirits whose energy has transformed into a growing group of dreamers + doers. As a leading hospitality brand in Canada, The Drake is an ever-expanding neighbourhood hub that brings communities together around one-of-a-kind experiences that blend food + drink, art + music, community and unforgettable hotel stays all delivered by some of the best people you will ever meet.
The Marketing Department of Drake Hotel Properties is a hub of collaboration and creativity. Our team environment fosters an atmosphere of sharing ideas and creating a buzz around exciting, diverse, and challenging projects. We’re seeking a passionate, enthusiastic member to join our team, someone who delights in exploring the connection between art, design, music, food, culture, and hospitality.
We are currently on the hunt for a Junior Graphic Designer to join our team of dreamers + doers. Recognized for progressive marketing, design and graphic work, our imaginative team never rests when it comes to fostering new ideas that promote our offerings.
If pushing your creative skill set to the next level and seeing your original ideas come to fruition excite you, then this may be the right environment for you. This position requires an individual who can multitask effectively and work well within tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Act as a highly collaborative team member, with a focus on providing timely client services
- Work with the design team to produce a wide range of materials including print (menus, posters, signage and wayfinding, etc), and online (email marketing, newsletters, and other online assets) + social/digital assets.
- Maintain strong and positive working relationships with internal departments and stakeholders and engage them throughout the design process with brainstorming and creative briefs.
- Package and pre-flight files for release to printers or media partners
- Follow a development timeline to ensure tasks are being completed on time
- Some in-house printing, cutting, scoring, folding, etc.
- 1+ years professional graphic design experience w/a strong eye for design + graphic trends
- A degree or diploma in graphic design, along with a strong portfolio (typography, graphics + animations) and experience that shows a clear knowledge of print production and design.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat)
- Advanced HTML, Final Cut Pro, After Effects, motion graphics/animation, photography, video editing and illustration skills are an asset.
- Awareness of international design blogs, movements, and trends, relating to graphics + art,
- Experience w/ writing, editing, and proofreading is an asset
- Highly resourceful, both in production and inspiration
- Strong communication, and attention to detail
About Drake Hotel Properties
Drake Hotel Properties is a growing art + culture hospitality brand focused on lifestyle hotels, food and drink and special events. DHP is a Canadian leader in forward-thinking hospitality design and builds with a passion for revitalizing character properties. These properties include The Drake Hotel (Toronto), Drake One Fifty (Toronto), Drake Devonshire Inn (Wellington, Prince Edward County), and Drake Motor Inn (Wellington, Prince Edward County). Each property reflects its unique neighbourhood and invites guests to experience our blend of a bespoke hotel, classic general store and cultural community centre while enjoying great seasonal menus, a deep cocktail list, carefully curated curiosities and genuine hospitality excellence.
What We Offer
We pride ourselves in providing strong leadership and development opportunities for passionate professionals who are looking to build rewarding, long-term careers. Drake offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, employee discounts, training + development support and many other unique perks as a part of joining the Drake team.
The Drake Hotel is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed and actively working towards fostering a positive, supportive, and creative environment at Drake Hotel Properties that promotes equity, inclusiveness, and diversity. We welcome job applications from candidates of all backgrounds including, but not limited to, Indigenous, Black, and racialized persons; refugee, newcomer and immigrant persons; two-spirit, LGBTQ+ and gender non-binary persons, and persons with disabilities. Please advise us of any accommodation needed to ensure you can access and complete the submission process.