Front Desk Supervisor
Drake Devonshire + Motor Inn
Award-winning Drake Devonshire + Drake Motor Inn, located in stunning Prince Edward County, Canada is now hiring a Front Desk Supervisor!
The busy summer season provides a great development opportunity to work within a highly spirited and dynamic team, with a fierce passion for service and community. As for your sunny days off next summer, take advantage of the County’s dozens of wineries (some just minutes from The Drake), the famous Sandbanks beaches, local farmer’s markets, summer festivals, camping grounds and so much more.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring Hotel Professional who is truly passionate about providing rewarding and memorable guest experiences. We are seeking an energetic, service-oriented professional who is looking to apply their superior track record of customer service, team management and operational excellence to a boutique hotel environment. Candidates will apply their multi-tasking expertise and guest service experience towards all aspects of operating the front desk at this intimate lakeside outpost. This service champion has the ability to work well independently, while providing superior guest service and demonstrating a solution oriented quick thinking and decisive demeanor.
Our employees are offered an opportunity for growth in a spirited work environment. Join our team and share in our future.
FRONT DESK SUPERVISOR
reporting to Rooms Division Manager, Drake Devonshire
- Oversees all daily Front Desk operations including reception, reservations, guest services, housekeeping/room checks and acts as Manager on Duty when on shift:
- Ensures all aspects of room reservation protocol are followed, including booking, confirming, canceling policies.
- Follows Drake check in and out procedures, ensuring mandatory details are covered while building as genuine rapport with guests.
- Responds to all guest requests in a timely manner with follow-up to ensure 100% guest satisfaction.
- Communicates effectively with housekeeping staff to facilitate room turnover, if necessary
- Works closely with Security team and Bar Managers in evenings to facilitate hotel guest needs as well as patrons’ requests as required
- Has a full understanding of all DJ, Art & live music programming; and communicates it in a manner that will encourage all clients to enjoy all that The Drake has to offer.
- Supports Front Office Manager on maximizing yield management strategies to achieve revenue and forecasting integrity.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies exceptional customer service, monitors guest satisfaction to identify areas of improvement and to aid in problem resolution.
- Supports Front Office Manager in developing strategies to continually improve, execute and evaluate departmental policies, standards and procedures while ensuring all staff are continually informed of department objectives and goals.
- Builds collaborative relationships with shared service departments both onsite (Food and Beverage) and corporate (Sales and Marketing) to help drive revenue and build growth opportunities with guests and groups.
- Maintains close awareness of current industry and competitive trends, initiating and leading improvement.
- Previous Front Desk and/or Guest Service experience an asset.
- Proven ability to surpass guest expectations.
- Enthusiastic and detail oriented, thrives on multi-tasking in a busy environment.
- Exceptional English language communication skills, additional languages an asset
- Impeccable presentation and exceptional positive energy and professionalism
- Able to work with and understand financial information and data.
- Knowledge of computer systems, experience with Oracle Property Management System, an asset
- Highly organized, career and result oriented with the ability to be flexible with schedules, assignments and additional duties.
We pride ourselves in providing strong leadership and development opportunities for passionate hospitality professionals who are looking to build rewarding, long-term careers. Drake offers a competitive compensation, bonus, and benefits package, training programs and other unique perks, as part of joining our team.
The Drake Hotel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering a positive, supportive, and creative environment at Drake Hotel Properties that promotes equity, inclusiveness, and diversity. We welcome job applications from candidates of all backgrounds including, but not limited to, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Colour); refugees, newcomers and immigrant persons; two-spirit, LGBTQ+ and gender non-binary persons, and persons with disabilities. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you can access and complete the submissions process.