Food & Beverage Supervisor
The Drake Hotel
The FOOD + BEVERAGE SUPERVISOR program provides a unique opportunity for passionate individuals who are looking to build experience towards their hospitality career and learn the ins and outs of supervising and leading in a high-volume, guest-focused environment. This full-time opportunity begins in April and comes to an end in October, after Nuit Blanche.
With a focus on DRAKE HOTEL’s DAYTIME and WEEKEND BRUNCH BUSINESS, we are seeking a candidate with a combination of skills and experience that include operational excellence in a high volume business, as well as a proven track record for outstanding food + beverage service, a solid understanding of events and reservation systems and team leadership. The ideal candidate will have a passion for hospitality and be eager to build experience, as well as best practices in guest service, staff management, operations, safety and compliance.
Reporting to the Assistant General Manager, you will be responsible for supervising F+B operations while on shift. The focus for this position will primarily be Weekday Daytime business, and Weekend brunch business. Your schedule will primarily consist of Opening shifts.
While on shift your role will include, but not be limited to:
• Understanding, adhering to and executing all F+B operational policies + procedures, standards and training programs
• Ensuring a unique and genuine guest experience by empowering staff to resolve issues, while acting as a supportive and active leader who will manage situations as they evolve
• Monitoring and managing service, quality, health + safety and cleanliness
• Ensuring that AGCO, municipal and provincial laws are being adhered to
• Working in tandem with the host team to ensure all reservations are input correctly and honored in a timely fashion and making sure that the reservation book is being utilized correctly to maximize sales whilst balancing guest satisfaction and comfort
• 2-4 years of progressive front of house experience in a high volume fine or casual dining environment
• Experienced trainer and mentor to large staff teams
• Demonstrated patience, tact and diplomacy while leading and working alongside a diverse team of industry professionals
• Ability to multi-task, remain cool and keep up in a fast paced environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication experience, both verbal & written
• Flexible to work early mornings and weekends and holidays
• Smart serve certified
We pride ourselves in providing strong leadership + development opportunities for passionate hospitality professionals looking to build rewarding, long-term careers. The Drake offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, employee discounts, training + development support and many other unique perks as a part of joining The Drake team.
The Drake Hotel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering a positive, supportive, and creative environment at Drake Hotel Properties that promotes equity, inclusiveness and diversity. We welcome job applications from candidates of all backgrounds including, but not limited to, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Colour); refugees, newcomers and immigrant persons; two-spirit, LGBTQ+ and gender non-binary persons, and persons with disabilities. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you can access and complete the submissions process.