The Drake Hotel
The objective of the Event Specialist is to detail, manage, and execute as many successful functions as the business will allow. They will receive all client files once confirmed by Event Sales Manager. The Event Specialist will ensure that a smooth/clear transition from sales to coordination takes place in a timely fashion. The Event Specialist’s role ensures that events are executed smoothly with client needs/wants/concerns being addressed and mitigated accordingly. They are responsible for ensuring that every booking is an operational win by ensuring timely + thorough communication occurs inter-departmentally, and that Drake Services standards and best practices are being adhered to at all times.
As an ambassador of Drake Hotel Properties, they are expected to greet all guests with enthusiasm, be well informed in all aspects of our offerings, and provide our guests a world-class experience. The ideal candidate has a passion for hospitality and is eager to build on their experience, as well as best practices in guest service, coordination, and event sales.
PRIMARY COORDINATION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates and details all catering needs, conference service activities and client specifications to deliver smooth execution of meetings and events.
- Responsible for maximizing food and beverage revenues from assigned groups by solicitation of affiliate business and up selling.
- Work with Event Sales Managers to improve and uphold consistent event coordination standards
- Attend weekly BEO meetings with culinary + operations teams
- Responsible for the creation of Cost Estimates, BEO’s, Kitchen Run Sheets and invoices for each event
- Print menus and labels for special event groups
- Maintain contact and effective communication throughout the planning process to ensure the highest level of guest satisfaction for all clients
- Ownership of event staffing needs via Operation Managers
- Ownership of booking AV techs + coordinating tech needs with the AV department
- Accountable for all rental and equipment needs via Rental Partners
- Conduct event briefings with all staff and management onsite, prior to event
- Be present at all events and act as clients point of contact. Working with the events staff to set up the event and liaise with the Operations Team for seamless hand-off to close the event
- Handle final billing and reconciliation of full event
- Client thank you cards, survey and warm referral offering
- Assist with development of targeted client mailing lists and manage the client data base
- Enters new menus and pricing updates in Tripleseat
- Create + update event coordination training resources when needed
- Commits to answer all incoming phone & email inquiries in a polite and timely manner
- Monitor sales collateral + menu offerings to ensure that they are accurate and current
- Liaise with Event Sales Managers to create necessary packages, blitzes + outreach programs to ensure that the sales pipeline is always active
- Conducts site inspections showing events spaces and guestrooms with in-depth knowledge of Drake ethos + space capabilities
- Assist Event Sales team member with tours, package information, capacity information + recommended vendor information as requested and as necessary to support the team
- Leads as an example, and follows all property best practices and procedures exactly
- Effective oral and written communication
- Professional presentation and recognized ability for persuasive sales
- Ability to set and execute high standards of performance
- Advanced organization and planning skills and the ability to respect tight schedules
- Ability to multitask and manage a heavy event portfolio
- Beneficial to have working knowledge of Excel, Triple Seat, Opera Sales and Catering, Silverware
Special event employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the properties and events.
Competitive pay, employee discounts on F+B offerings, benefits, training programs and other unique perks, as part of joining our team. If you are seeking a challenging, fun and great learning environment this is ideal for you.
The Drake Hotel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering a positive, supportive, and creative environment at Drake Hotel Properties that promotes equity, inclusiveness and diversity. We welcome job applications from candidates of all backgrounds including, but not limited to, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Colour); refugees, newcomers and immigrant persons; two-spirit, LGBTQ+ and gender non-binary persons, and persons with disabilities. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you can access and complete the submissions process.