FACILITIES MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Drake Devonshire + Drake Motor Inn
The DRAKE DEVONSHIRE and DRAKE MOTOR INN, located in Wellington, Ontario are looking for a guest focused, hardworking and professional individual to ensure the detailed upkeep of our Prince Edward County Hotel properties. While on duty, the successful candidate will apply preventative maintenance standards and techniques and ensure all systems, equipment and facilities are functioning to the highest level and assist with renovations and large projects as they arise. The technician will be involved with the day to day operation and maintenance of all aspects of the hotel and food and beverage facilities, grounds, mechanical, plumbing and electrical systems at the Drake Devonshire and Motor Inn Properties.
Reporting to the Facilities Supervisor, the Technician is also responsible for the following:
- Perform maintenance, troubleshooting, diagnostics and upgrades and repairs on the building and various equipment
- Multi-task and be able to perform a variety of tasks including but not limited to mechanical/machinery repair, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, groundskeeping, carpentry and general fabrication
- Act as a point of contact for all building and grounds related issues + emergencies
- Participate in all building operations relative to Fire, Health and Safety procedures and audits
- Perform special projects as assigned by the Facilities Supervisor
- Work with Drake service providers to ensure contract obligations are met with value of service
- Conduct inspection of equipment to determine repairs or servicing required
- Work with the maintenance team to proactively ensure obligations are met with value of service
- Take appropriate action to ensure the highest standard of maintenance and safety
- Maintain inventories and work within departmental budgets
- Document preventative maintenance activities and maintenance items completed
- Able to read and interpret drawings/blueprints and assist with some Administrative tasks (Excel knowledge)
- Technical training/license preferred in electrical, HVAC or plumbing. Hotel/hospitality experience is an asset
- Basic carpentry, plumbing, mechanical/electrical aptitude and trouble-shooting skills + abilities
- Drywall and painting knowledge
- Community College or Trade School training on building systems; SMT (Systems Maintenance Technician) designation would be an asset
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and activities with a strong eye for detail
- Positive and energetic individual with a "can-do" attitude
- Valid drivers’ licence with a good driving record
- Physical demands include continual standing and walking during shift. Must be able to lift up to 20 kg unassisted and be able to work safely from heights.
- Must be available to work some evenings and weekends, throughout the seasonal peaks of our busy Hotel operations. Occasional ‘on-call’ shifts are a possibility as well.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- We pride ourselves in providing strong leadership and development opportunities for passionate professionals who are looking to build rewarding, long-term careers. Drake offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, employee discounts, training + development support and many other unique perks as a part of joining the Drake team.
- We sincerely appreciate your interest in this exciting role at The Drake Hotel, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Drake Hotel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed and actively working towards fostering a positive, supportive, and creative environment at Drake Hotel Properties that promotes equity, inclusiveness and diversity. We welcome job applications from candidates of all backgrounds including, but not limited to, Indigenous, Black, and racialized persons; refugee, newcomer and immigrant persons; two-spirit, LGBTQ+ and gender non-binary persons, and persons with disabilities. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you can access and complete the submissions process.