Redefining the rural retreat
James Beard Award nominee | Canada’s 100 Best Restaurants | #1 on TRIP ADVISOR Travel + Leisure IT LIST | Conde Nast Traveller HOT LIST Drake
Drake Devonshire Inn is leading the charge for a bold, new kind of rural retreat where nature + design intersect in Prince Edward County. In tandem with the region’s bursting food, wine + tourism scene, the Devonshire brings a one-of-a-kind experience for travelers and road trippers alike, treating guests to a serene, casual and culture-forward Drake by the lake.
Opening to critical acclaim in the Fall of 2014, Drake Devonshire is serving up the Drake Hotel Properties’ unique brand of hospitality bringing culture and community together. Our beautiful + historic Inn plays host to a variety of events + programming from open mic nights to artist residencies that fill our calendar with the unexpected. The Drake’s culinary culture is committed to offering innovative Canadian cuisine with an inventive cocktail program, PEC wines, and nostalgic classics with a Drake twist.
After garnering local + international success from the moment we opened our doors, we are currently looking for an exceptional General Manager to join us as we look ahead to a fourth successful year.
- + You’re a seasoned hospitality leader with expertise in both hotel + restaurant property management.
- + You’re excited to oversee multiple hotel, food + beverage, and operations departments in a high-volume environment without breaking a sweat.
- + You have demonstrated the ability to attract, retain and build a high-performing hospitality and operations teams who share your exceptional passion for service.
- + You love keeping up with food + beverage trends, as well as movements in the lifestyle hotel industry, whether it’s here in our little nook of the world or across the globe.
About the Role
In this dynamic, multi-disciplinary role, you will oversee all aspects of hotel, special events, food + beverage and property management for the location. In accordance with our overall mission statement, you will seek to create an exceptional, memorable, world-class establishment by maximizing financial performance, guest satisfaction, operational effectiveness and staff development within established quality standards for The Drake.
- + Develop accurate long and short-range financial objectives for the business, reviewing and adjusting targets to reflect the business needs through the year.
- + Maintain close oversight of labour, food and beverage and operating expense targets, ensuring efficiency and reducing waste.
- + Maintain exceptional guest satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing food, beverage, and service offerings; initiating improvements; building relationships with preferred patrons and monitoring guest feedback / service loops.
- + Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with all health, regulatory and legal regulations.
- + Attract guests by developing and implementing year-round marketing, cultural programming, public and community relations programs; evaluating program results; identifying and tracking changing demands on operations and setting specific goals and targets for all departments.
Operations + Safety
- + Ensure seamless building operations by following and enforcing policies and standard operating procedures that are site-specific and in adherence to The Drake’s established standards of exceptional cleanliness, well-established maintenance efforts and supreme attention to detail.
- + Ensure exceptional safety practices of employees and guests, assisting in the maintenance of proper food/liquor handling, storage, service, emergency and safety and security procedures.
Leadership + Staff Development
- + Act as the overall leader for the business, actively managing a team of skilled Hotel and F+B Managers, Culinary Managers and ensuring and inspiring a highly engaged hourly team
- + Cultivate a positive, fun and engaged work environment, with a focus on accountability, training, mentoring and continuous feedback.
What We Offer
We pride ourselves in providing strong leadership + development opportunities for passionate hospitality professionals looking to build rewarding, long-term careers. The Drake offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, employee discounts, training + development support and many other unique perks as a part of joining The Drake team.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter by EMAIL ONLY to email@example.com and please list “GENERAL MANAGER” in your subject line. We’re in the process of reviewing applications and will get in touch with candidates who have sparked our interest.