The Drake Hotel
The Drake Hotel is looking for a Door Person for the Newly Opened Modern Wing of the Drake Hotel on Queen Street West!
ROLE OVERVIEW: The successful candidate will be the front line, ‘Drake Ambassador,’ responsible for welcoming our guests, screening visitors + coordinating deliveries, graciously opening doors and providing a genuine level of hospitality the Drake is renowned for. They will also provide other courtesy services such assisting with guest luggage, arranging transport for guests, and being a bit of a beacon in our neighborhood – continually plugged into the various goings-on. Multiple shifts are available and must be able to work evenings, weekends + holidays.
DAY TO DAY ACTIVITIES:
· Create an Arrival experience by greeting the guest, introducing themselves and welcoming them into the hotels.
· Assisting with luggage through the main doors leading the guest to the reception and wish them a pleasant stay.
· During the guests’ stay - be an ambassador of the hotel’s concierge services – making recommendations to our guests of places to visit and explore introducing our WQW community.
· Make transport arrangements for guests and visitors, to open doors as appropriate and to give directions as required.
· Provide direction for guests within the hotel and offer assistance, if needed.
· Should a guest need their luggage to be stored – assist with tagging and storing their luggage.
· Handle all guests’ requests, queries, comments, and complaints in a courteous and prompt manner, taking the necessary action steps and ensuring follow-through where required.
· Opens hotel entrance door and provide help to individuals who may require assistance in carrying heavy loads.
· Make sure our guests are always comfortable – The Drake thrives on its guest experience, and you are an important part of making sure that guest requests and inquiries are attended to.
· Accepting changes or additions in work hours, which are necessary for the maintenance of uninterrupted service to hotel guests and patrons.
· Make a connection with our guests on departure, wishing them a pleasant journey and leave a lasting impression for them to return.
· Support Guest Services Agent with amenities delivery, quick check in/check out, and phone when needed.
· High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
· Customer/service skills/experience is required.
· Candidate must be genuinely personable and cordial.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as Safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel)
· Very good written and verbal skills.
· Excellent problem-solving skills.
· CPR certification is an asset.
DRAKE OFFERS: Competitive pay, employee discounts on F+B offerings, benefits, training programs and other unique perks, as part of joining our team. If you are seeking a challenging, fun and great learning environment, Drake Hotel is ideal for you.
The Drake Hotel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering a positive, supportive, and creative environment at Drake Hotel Properties that promotes equity, inclusiveness and diversity. We welcome job applications from candidates of all backgrounds including, but not limited to, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Colour); refugees, newcomers and immigrant persons; two-spirit, LGBTQ+ and gender non-binary persons, and persons with disabilities. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you can access and complete the submissions process.