The Drake Hotel
The Drake Hotel is seeking dynamic and passionate LINE COOKS, who are looking to join a fast-paced, talented kitchen team. The role is committed to providing exceptional food quality, experience, and service to our guests in partnership with the front of house team.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Executing menu items from start to finish. This includes preparation of ingredients, butchery of proteins, tasting, cooking and plating of dishes in a timely manner.
- Working with seasonal ingredients while maintaining knowledge of all products being used.
- Honing your existing skills while learning new techniques and building your skillset.
- Working collaboratively with back of house team.
- Maintaining cleanliness of station and kitchen.
- Properly set up, break down, and clean assigned station.
- Accountable for following proper company, food, health & safety and sanitation protocols.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in a moderate to high-volume restaurant or hotel kitchen. Professional culinary training an asset.
- Positive “can do” attitude, team-player with a sharp eye for detail.
- Genuine interest in food, possesses strong work ethic, performs well during busy services and can multitask under pressure.
- Open to constructive criticism, be adaptable and a fast learner, striving for personal growth within the culinary team.
- Available to work full-time hours.
- Must have availability to work opening, midday, and closing shifts (shift times scheduled may range from 6am-midnight). Preferred shifts will be provided whenever possible, and as the business allows.
- Must be flexible and available to work weekends and holidays. Day off requests are organized directly with the head chef at a minimum of two weeks in advance.
Competitive pay, employee discounts on F+B offerings, benefits, training programs and other unique perks, as part of joining our team. If you are seeking a challenging, fun and great learning environment, Drake Hotel is ideal for you.
The Drake Hotel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering a positive, supportive, and creative environment at Drake Hotel Properties that promotes equity, inclusiveness and diversity. We welcome job applications from candidates of all backgrounds including, but not limited to, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Colour); refugees, newcomers and immigrant persons; two-spirit, LGBTQ+ and gender non-binary persons, and persons with disabilities. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you can access and complete the submissions process.