Coat Check Attendant
The Drake Hotel
The Drake Hotel, an anchor of West Queen West and an original boutique hotel concept, has helped to transform Toronto’s cultural map. Known as an energetic hub for visual and performance art, dining, hospitality and retail experiences, the Drake is one of Canada’s most unique and sought after hotel and culinary destinations.
The COAT CHECK ATTENDANT is responsible for collecting, storing, and returning coats and items dropped off by guests, while providing a warm and friendly experience. We are looking for a positive, upbeat and organized individual to deliver efficient and prompt customer service to all guests before, during and after each event.
- Warmly + promptly greet and communicate with guests
- Communicate and assist guests with the coat check process
- Hang and organize coats within the numerical order system
- Return coats and items using the numerical order system to guests in a friendly and efficient manner
- Maintain and organize coat check area ensuring cleanliness at all times
- Accurately complete paperwork referring to lost or stolen articles
- Build and maintain relationships with management and team members
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the management team
SKILLS + REQUIREMENTS:
- Well-spoken and excellent communication skills
- Team driven, eye for detail, professional, outgoing with a positive attitude
- Able to prioritize, making prompt, fair and reasonable decisions
- Adept at juggling multiple needs, calmly, respectfully, creatively and successfully resolve problems, as required
- Highly motivated, energetic personality, with a genuine desire to connect with guests
- Ability to multi-task, remain cool and keep up in a fast-paced environment
- Understand our culture and has a desire to be an ambassador for The Drake
- Enthusiastic about the Art + Culture offered at the Drake and is knowledgeable of the Drake Brand, Properties and Offerings
- Availability to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays (minimum of 2 shifts/week)
WHAT WE OFFER:
We pride ourselves in providing strong leadership and development opportunities for passionate hospitality professionals who are looking to build rewarding, long-term careers. Drake offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, employee discounts, training + development support and many other unique perks as a part of joining the Drake team.
The Drake Hotel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering a positive, supportive, and creative environment at Drake Hotel Properties that promotes equity, inclusiveness and diversity. We welcome job applications from candidates of all backgrounds including, but not limited to, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Colour); refugees, newcomers, and immigrant persons; two-spirit, LGBTQ+ and gender non-binary persons, and persons with disabilities. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you can access and complete the submissions process.