The Drake Hotel, Drake Devonshire + Motor Inn
The Drake Hotel, an anchor of West Queen West and an original boutique hotel concept, has helped to transform Toronto’s cultural map. Known as an energetic hub for visual and performance art, dining, hospitality and retail experiences, the Drake is one of Canada’s most unique and sought after hotel and culinary destinations.
As we continue to broaden the reach of our brand and offerings, we are seeking an AUDIO-VISUAL MANAGER, who is comfortable in a fast paced, ever changing audio-visual environment, with a wide variety of event and technical needs.
The Audio-Visual Manager is responsible for the day-to-day functioning of the audio-visual department at all Drake properties, by managing the roster of AV technicians, coordinating event requirements with Special Events and Cultural Programming departments, ensuring reliable functioning of all AV equipment, and participating in the planning & execution of new AV initiatives. Adherence to department operating & labour budgets is required throughout. Reporting to the Director of Technology, the Audio-Visual Manager is also responsible for the following:
- Ensure successful execution of audio-visual services at a wide variety of events (weddings, meetings, parties, live music, DJs, theatre, etc.)
- Work with internal and external clients to determine event AV requirements
- Source and coordinate equipment rentals and purchases
- Supervise, schedule & coordinate AV technicians
- Act as venue technician for events as required (e.g. audio engineer, lighting engineer, video engineer, stage hand, etc.)
- Support internal business AV requirements (e.g. internal meetings and venue AV routing)
- Ensure reliable functioning of audio-visual equipment at all properties
- Manage and monitor AV equipment inventory, maintenance log, and system documentation
- Regular preventive maintenance of all AV equipment
- Troubleshoot AV equipment issues
- Perform equipment repairs when possible & coordinate external repairs when required
- Monitor and manage labour & operating expenses, adhering to department budgets
- Source and manage video content for in-house “Drake TV” in conjunction with Cultural Programming department
- Record, produce and manage audio content for telephone system in conjunction with Marketing department
- Participate in planning and execution of new AV initiatives, including new properties and system upgrades
- A minimum of 4 years relevant work experience, certification with an accredited audiovisual technical school an asset
- A passion for technology
- Good understanding of audio and video signal flow
- Excellent interpersonal & customer service skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and activities
- Strong computer skills, including a knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel
- Independent and self-motivated, works well with limited supervision, takes exceptional pride in their work and the work of the team
- Adaptable to flexible working schedule, including evenings and weekends
WHAT WE OFFER:
We pride ourselves in providing strong leadership and development opportunities for passionate hospitality professionals who are looking to build rewarding, long-term careers. Drake offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, employee discounts, training + development support and many other unique perks as a part of joining the Drake team.
We sincerely appreciate your interest in this exciting role with Drake Hotel Properties, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO TELEPHONE, EMAIL OR IN PERSON INQUIRIES.
The Drake Hotel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering a positive, supportive, and creative environment at Drake Hotel Properties that promotes equity, inclusiveness and diversity. We welcome job applications from candidates of all backgrounds including, but not limited to, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Colour); refugees, newcomers, and immigrant persons; two-spirit, LGBTQ+ and gender non-binary persons, and persons with disabilities. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you can access and complete the submissions process.
For more information about us, please visit our website at: www.thedrakehotel.ca. Want to keep up with What’s On @ Drake? Sign up for our E-AKE Newsletter below:
http://www.thedrakehotel.ca/eake/ or follow us on Twitter @thedrakehotel
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-drake-hotel