Drake Hotel Properties (The Drake) is an evolving lifestyle brand focused on a growing stable of hotels, and food and drink concepts. We are creating our own version of neighbourhood focused retreats where travelers, culture seekers and locals all intersect to enjoy the thoughtful contradictions of contemporary and timeless.
As we continue to broaden the reach of our brand and offerings, we are looking for an Accounting Manager to join + lead a highly engaged team, undertake daily financial oversight and champion the evolution of our accounting operations.
Reporting to the CFO, the Accounting Manager will lead a small but mighty team of 3 in the Accounting Department. You will play a key role in ensuring a staff education, financial analysis, project leadership, and other initiatives as they arise to support the growth of the organization. You require excellent communication, time management and analytical skills.
This position will require a combination of hands-on productivity and management level planning and oversight. Your primary responsibility is the timely and accurate completion of financial statements and management reporting for stakeholders throughout the organization. You will ensure all existing accounting policies, procedures and processes are adhered to and in accordance with best practices. You will establish financial regimen by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying and reporting financial information. Other accountabilities include, but not limited to:
- Management and co-ordination of all day to day operations within The Drake accounting department
- Ensuring timely and accurate completion of month-end financial statements
- Presentation and review of month end financial results with the CFO
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly consolidated reporting for internal and external stakeholders
- Ownership of the financial and operational reporting with an emphasis on improving and expanding the department’s reporting to drive operational results
- Preparing and coordinating the annual budgets including file maintenance, distribution to owners and financial analysis and support
- Leading and participating in departmental projects such as process improvements, launch/integration of new technology & systems and internal audit initiatives
- Oversight and stewardship of the corporate bank accounts, preparation of weekly cashflow reporting
- Management and co-ordination of annual audit/review tasks
- Providing leadership and training to the Accounting department
- Government reporting and compliance
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience, including 2+ years of management
- Hotel/Hospitality experience is preferred
- Designated CPA (CMA, CA, CGA) in good standing
- Advanced user of mid-level accounting software (experience with Accpac is preferred)
- Highly proficient in Excel with proven financial analytical skills
- Expert knowledge of GAAP, accounting best practices
- Thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Driven to achieving results, improving systems and developing people
WHAT WE OFFER:
We pride ourselves in providing strong leadership and development opportunities for passionate hospitality professionals who are looking to build rewarding, long-term careers. Drake offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, employee discounts, training + development support and many other unique perks as a part of joining the Drake team.
The Drake Hotel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering a positive, supportive, and creative environment at Drake Hotel Properties that promotes equity, inclusiveness and diversity. We welcome job applications from candidates of all backgrounds including, but not limited to, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color);refugees, newcomers and immigrant persons; two-spirit, LGBTQ+ and gender non-binary persons, and persons with disabilities. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you can access and complete the submissions process.