Our employees are offered an opportunity for growth in a spirited work environment. Join our team and share in our future.
We thank all applicants for your interest in working with Drake, however, due to the high level of interest in each of our postings, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. We respectfully request no TELEPHONE, EMAIL or IN PERSON inquiries.
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
The Drake General Store continues Drake’s mandate for providing a community based hotbed for culture, an energetic hub for visual and performance art, dining, hospitality and, now, treasure hunting.
The Drake General Store is seeking motivated and experienced PART TIME SALES ASSOCIATES to join our QUEEN ST. WEST and YONGE + EGLINTON teams + grow with our company. If you are design savvy, up to date with current trends, comfortable with books, clothes, jewelry, curios and most importantly, people, we are looking for you.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Accountable for meeting retail sales and business objectives
• Execute operations such as daily tasks outlined, adhere to guidelines in Store Audit
• Control and minimize shrink through awareness, proactive initiatives.
• Personify and exhibit DGS core values
• Utilize the guidelines set out in the DGS selling right guide.
• Ensure the store is opened and closed accurately and efficiently
• Maintain merchandising standards.
• Communicate customers feedback about merchandise to SM and TL
• Ensure store looks fresh and clean for every customer experience
• Continue to audit and spot check store inventory to ensure accuracy
• Communicate merchandise sell throughs and inventory inaccuracies as well as transfer errors.
• Verify cash float, deposits and all monies tendered (ie balance receipts)
• Maintain accurate clock in/out records
• Ensure cash always has enough change to get through 3 business days
• Communicate any supplies needed or fixtures that need repair.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of 2 years in a retail or customer service environment
• Demonstrated abilities with sales + customer relationship building
• Must be able to work well and remain motivated within an independent, unsupervised environment
• Experience in a supervisory or “key holder” function within a retail store would be considered a strong asset
• Open availability to work weekdays + weekend shifts
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity please send your most recent resume and a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: "SALES ASSOCIATE” by August 22, 2014. Or you can click the "Click To Apply" button below to submit your application via our website.
We thank all applicants for your interest in working with Drake, however, due to the high level of interest in each of our postings only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. We respectfully request no TELEPHONE, EMAIL or IN PERSON inquiries.