Our employees are offered an opportunity for growth in a spirited work environment. Join our team and share in our future.
We thank all applicants for your interest in working with Drake, however, due to the high level of interest in each of our postings, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. We respectfully request no TELEPHONE, EMAIL or IN PERSON inquiries.
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Since, 2008, the Drake General Store Originally opened as a retail presence for Toronto’s iconic Drake Hotel.
We’re a traditional hotel gift shop, a classic general store, a flea market stand + a museum shop all rolled into one. Our signature neon purple cross, inspired by classic European pharmacies, lets our guests know they’ve arrived not only at a Canadian cultural crossroads, but also at a community-based hotbed for culture, visual and performance art, dining, hospitality + treasure-hunting.
We have evolved over the years into a truly unique + proudly Canadian retailer – offering gifts, clothing + accessories, housewares, curated curiosities and treasures of old + new. We have four proprietary sub-brands; Drake General Store, Shared, Held in Common + Arborist – that together make up our private label product collection. Private label product is extremely important to our business and key to future growth of DGS. These collections currently equate to over 60% of in-store + online sales and 100% of wholesale + corporate orders. Our goal is to create unique + exclusive products that fill the void of what is currently available in the marketplace.
The In-House Designer’s primary responsibility is to facilitate the design + development of our private label collection(s). This role will contribute to the creation, development + execution of proprietary branded product targeted to the Drake General Store customer. We’re looking for sharp and detail oriented people with an appreciation for craftsmanship, great design + quality.
• Complete detailed design briefs for all new product development.
• Initiate and complete line plan requirements on a monthly/seasonal basis.
• Research and present new ideas for each month/season to PL Director
• Prepare + present concepts in collaboration with Design Team to Buying and Production teams each month/season.
• Support monthly/seasonal development calendar in partnership with Buying Team & PL Director.
• Execute specific design development projects as assigned by the Buying Team & PL Director.
• Prepare development packages and participate in all communication and follow up related to each package in partnership with support from the Technical Designer.
• Manage development and execution of trim packages.
• Set up spec sheets for all bodies. Communicate fit and construction details to Technical Designer. Complete all technical sketches for domestic and overseas programs.
• Manage fittings. Buying Team & PL Director should be present and active in the fitting process. The PL Director must approve major design detail changes before the spec can be changed.
• Communicate regularly to Production team and Vendors.
• Maintain an active role in the weekly Design Flow Meeting. Take notes and follow up on all outstanding issues
• Attend follow-up meetings for all products and manage workload accordingly.
• Communicate regularly with Buying, Coordinating & Production teams.
• (Eventually) travel to factories for development and execution of programs domestic and overseas.
• Lives the Drake General Store + Drake Hotel properties lifestyle
• Outstanding eye + visual aesthetic and appreciation for good design
• Obsession with staying in-the-know on lifestyle, home, fashion + overall design trends
• Ability to collaborate + work well within a team setting to create the best product that is focused on our customer
• Exceptional communicator (best in your group), positive attitude + very organized
• Ability to respond to business objectives with creative and innovative design solutions
• Eagerness to learn + able to juggle multiple tasks + quickly adapt to new situations
• Autonomous, self-managed + resourceful
• Bachelor’s degree in fashion design or a related field required
• Proficient in Illustrator, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Photoshop
• Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently
• Must have good time management and organizational skills
• Must have good written and verbal communication skills
• Children's wear design and garment construction knowledge a plus
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity please send your most recent resume and a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: "IN-HOUSE PRIVATE LABEL DESIGNER”, with interviews commencing as soon as possible. Or you can click the "Click To Apply" button below to submit your application via our website.
We thank all applicants for your interest in working with Drake, however, due to the high level of interest in each of our postings only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. We respectfully request no TELEPHONE, EMAIL or IN PERSON inquiries.
The Drake General Store is a distinctive Toronto brand that has grown from a boutique gift shop at the Drake Hotel to a well-loved multi-location Toronto shopping destination. And in addition to featuring the best locally & globally curated products we're also growing our private label brand SHARED as well as other in-house private labels Arborist, Held In Common & Drake General Store merchandise and apparel lines.
The Drake General Store has a new vision of growing retail + corporate sales, as well as expanding our national and international reach. We are seeking a WHOLESALE SALES MANAGER who is experienced, self-driven, motivated and is looking for a new and exciting opportunity to launch a wholesale model and develop a sales division from the ground up. With our many projects underway, this inaugural role plays a key part in expanding the Drake General Store outreach through new business streams in other retail outlets by collaborating with a variety of retailers and sales agents to grow brand and product exposure while increasing revenue.
- Introduce and implement a wholesale model while managing and driving private label sales
- Develop new business relationships and collaborations with retailers, sales agents and brands
- Focus on consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through positive planning + execution and the management + development of sales personnel
- Collaborate with our internal marketing and graphic design team, to create collateral material and marketing plans that showcase our brand to prospective buyers/agents
- Identify objectives, strategies and action plans to improve short and long-term sales and earnings
- Takes the lead on sales activities on major accounts and in collaboration with the Director, negotiate sales price and discounts.
- Accurately forecasts, reviews and shares annual, quarterly and monthly revenue streams and assess sales staff’s productivity.
- Creates sales policies, best practices and procedures.
- Educates sales team by establishing programs/seminars in the areas of new account sales and growth, sales of emerging products and multi-product sales, profitability, improved presentation strategies, competitive strategies, proper use and level of sales support, management of expenses and business/financial issues on contracts.
- Collaborates with Director to establish and control budgets for sales promotion and trade show expenses.
- Reviews expenses and recommends economies.
- Holds regular meeting with sales staff to keep the team aligned and informed
- Other duties as required by Director
- Developing and curating a unique corporate gifting program for clients and employees
- 10% travel in Canada and US
- 5-7 Years retail marketing or sales experience role in similar environment, preferably in fashion industry
- Well connected to retail and wholescale landscape – local and international
- Proven success qualifying and closing new or existing business sales opportunities.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with internal teams, external stakeholders and clients and also act very independently in completing projects
- Excellent copywriting, presentation and verbal communication skills with careful attention to detail
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Extremely well-organized with strong time and project management skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trends
- The ability to meet tight deadlines and work in a fast paced environment
- A degree or certificate in Marketing or Sales is preferred
WHAT WE OFFER:
We pride ourselves in providing strong leadership and development opportunities for passionate hospitality professionals who are looking to build rewarding, long-term careers. Drake offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, employee discounts, training + development support and many other unique perks as a part of joining the Drake team.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your resume and cover letter by EMAIL ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org please list “WHOLESALE SALES MANAGER” in your subject line.
Interviews commencing as soon as possible.
We sincerely appreciate your interest in this exciting role with Drake Hotel Properties, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO TELEPHONE, EMAIL OR IN PERSON INQUIRIES.
The Drake Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information about us, please visit our website at: www.thedrakehotel.ca. Want to keep up with What’s On @ Drake? Sign up for our E-AKE Newsletter below:
http://www.thedrakehotel.ca/eake/ or follow us on Twitter @thedrakehotel