Our employees are offered an opportunity for growth in a spirited work environment. Join our team and share in our future.
We thank all applicants for your interest in working with Drake, however, due to the high level of interest in each of our postings, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. We respectfully request no TELEPHONE, EMAIL or IN PERSON inquiries.
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
The Drake Hotel is seeking a dynamic individual with a passion for pastry and cooking to join a fast-paced, small kitchen team as a PASTRY COOK. This position offers the opportunity to work with a fantastic culinary team with a busy day and night time operation including regular and special events business. Pastry enthusiasts who are looking for a great place to work and learn should meet the following criteria:
3 years experience in a pastry production role in a high volume environment
Ability to work full time hours, weekdays/weekends
Post secondary education in Culinary or Pastry Arts is an asset
Join a great team with potential for growth and career development. Interviews commencing ASAP.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume to email@example.com with the subject line "PASTRY" or apply right now by clicking the link below.
We thank all applicants for your interest in working with Drake, however, due to the high level of interest in each of our postings only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. We respectfully request no TELEPHONE, EMAIL or IN PERSON inquiries.
The Drake Hotel, an anchor of West Queen West and an original boutique hotel concept, has helped to transform Toronto’s cultural map. After 10 years of acknowledged success, the Drake is experiencing an exciting phase of growth and is currently seeking additional SOUS CHEFS to join our dynamic kitchen leadership team. With imminent expansion plans, this role provides a unique opportunity for an experienced, passionate and innovative culinary professional and inspiring leader who is looking for a rewarding hospitality career with opportunities for advancement.
We are seeking candidates with a combination of skills and experience that include operational + kitchen management excellence in a high volume business, as well as a proven desire to strive for continuous culinary innovation. The ideal candidate will bring management experience from a similar environment, as well a strong culinary background, staff management, operations, safety and compliance.
Reporting to the Drake Hotel's Executive Chef you will play a key role as part of a small, interdependent management team that may include: Hotel, Culinary, Special Events, Security, Human Resources and Corporate Service departments.
While on shift, your role will include, but not be limited to:
• Understanding, adhering to and executing all kitchen operational policies + procedures, standards and training programs
• Ensuring a unique and consistent guest dining experience by actively managing the team and resolving issues, should they arise
• Maintaining a strong focus on achieving and/or exceeding revenue targets, within acceptable labor cost and service standard parameters
• Monitoring and managing service, quality, health + safety and cleanliness
• 3-5 years of progressive kitchen leadership experience in a fine or casual dining environment
• Demonstrated awareness of and interest in current culinary trends in the marketplace
• Operations management experience in a high volume establishment with significant evening and catering/special events business
• Experienced trainer and mentor to large staff teams
• Demonstrated patience, tact and diplomacy while leading a diverse team of industry professionals
• Ability to multi-task, remain cool and keep up in a fast paced environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication experience, both verbal & written
• Excellent organizational skills, with timely delivery of all required administrative work
• Flexible to work evenings and weekends and holidays
• Red Seal Certification or equivalent considered a strong asset
WHAT WE OFFER:
We pride ourselves in providing strong leadership and development opportunities for passionate hospitality professionals who are looking to build rewarding, long-term careers. Drake offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, employee discounts, training + development support and many other unique perks as a part of joining the Drake team.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your resume and cover letter by EMAIL ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org please list “SOUS CHEF” in your subject line.
Interviews commencing as soon as possible. Internal applications are encouraged and welcome.
We sincerely appreciate your interest in this exciting role at The Drake Hotel, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST NO TELEPHONE, EMAIL OR IN PERSON INQUIRIES.
The Drake Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information about us, please visit our website at: www.thedrakehotel.ca
Want to keep up with What’s On @ Drake? Sign up for our E-AKE Newsletter below:
http://www.thedrakehotel.ca/eake/ or follow us on Twitter @thedrakehotel